From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Vicar (Anglicanism) for its use in the Anglican tradition
- Apostolic vicariate, or "Vicar apostolic", is a Roman Catholic form of jurisdiction directly under the Pope established in a missionary region or before the creation of a diocese.
- Vicar general, or Episcopal vicar, is a diocesean bishop's deputy able to exercise a bishop's ordinary executive power.
- Vicar forane for a parish pastor who serves as a senior authority over a section of a diocese.
- Vicar of Christ, (also "vicar of Saint Peter" or vicarius principis apostolorum), a title used primarily by the Roman Catholic pontiff.
- Vicar (comics) for the pseudonym of Chilean cartoonist Victor Arriagada Rios (1934–2012)
- Vícar, a municipality in Almería, Spain
- Vicar Street in Dublin, Ireland known for its concert, events, and performing arts scene
- The Vicar of Bray, an 18th-century satirical song
- The Vicar of Bray, an 1882 comic opera by Edward Solomon with a libretto by Sydney Grundy
- The Vicar of Bray, a 1937 British historical film directed by Henry Edwards
- The Vicar of Bullhampton, an 1870 novel by Anthony Trollope
- The Vicar of Christ, a 1979 novel by Walter F. Murphy
- The Vicar of Dibley, a British sitcom created by Richard Curtis that aired from 1994 to 2007
- The Vicar of Wakefield a novel written 1761-62 by Irish writer Oliver Goldsmith
- The Vicar of Vejlby, a 1922 Danish crime mystery film directed by August Blom.
- The Vicar, a character on the television show Thomas & Friends
- The Vicar, a persona, alias and semi-fictional character created by music producer David Singleton (featuring as the centre of a multimedia music-and-fiction project)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Vicar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.