Apostolic Vicariate of Pucallpa
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Apostolic Vicariate of Pucallpa
Apostolicus Vicariatus Pucallpaënsis
|Metropolitan||Immediately subject to the Holy See|
|Area||52,168 km2 (20,142 sq mi)|
|Bishop||Gaetano Galbusera Fumagalli, S.D.B.|
The Apostolic Vicariate of Pucallpa (Latin: Apostolicus Vicariatus Pucallpaënsis) is a Latin Rite Roman Catholic Apostolic vicariate. It is exempt or directly subject to the Holy See, not being part of any ecclesiastical province.
Its Cathedral episcopal see is Catedral de la Inmaculada Concepción (dedicated to the Immaculate Conception), located in the city of Pucallpa in Coronel Portillo Province. It is the capital of that of the wider Ucayali region, in Peru's inland Amazon rainforest.
- Established on March 2, 1956 as Apostolic Vicariate (a missionary pre-diocesan jurisdiction type, entitled to a titular bishop) of Pucallpa, on territory split off from the suppressed Vicariate Apostolic of Ucayali (along with two other vicariates: Apostolic Vicariate of San Ramon and Vicariate Apostolic of Requena).
(all Roman rite, so far issionary members of Latin congregations)
- Apostolics Vicar of Pucallpa
- Joseph Gustave Roland Prévost Godard, Société des Missions Etrangères (P.M.E.) (November 11, 1956 – October 23, 1989), Titular Bishop of Ammædara (1956.11.11 – 2005.11.13); previously Apostolic Prefect of Lindong 林東 (China) (1946.11.28 – 1956.11.11)
- Juan Luis Martin Buisson, (P.M.E.) (October 23, 1989 – September 8, 2008), Titular Bishop of Aquæ in Numidia (1986.04.18 – ...); succeeding as former Coadjutor Vicar Apostolic of Pucallpa (1986.04.18 – 1989.10.23)
- Gaetano Galbusera Fumagalli, Salesians (S.D.B.- (September 8, 2008 – ...), Titular Bishop of Mascula (2007.07.18 – ...); succeeding as former Coadjutor Vicar Apostolic of Pucallpa (2007.07.18 – 2008.09.08)
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in Peru is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|