Victoria Janashvili (Nelson)
Victoria Janashvili in 2015
|Occupation||Photographer, Public speaker, Entrepreneur|
Early life and education
Her editorial published in the January 2012 issue of PLUS Model Magazine which highlighted the disparities between real women and runway models was widely acclaimed in the media. Since then Victoria created many more images featuring plus size models that made headlines all over the world. Victoria is also known for her expert appearances and features on television such as MTV, ABC news, FOX news, Canal + France and many others. Victoria has also made guest appearances at the ABC's Today Show as well as in a TV shows Real Housewives of Miami and Curvy Girls on Nuvo TV.
In 2015 Victoria published a highly controversial art book Curves that was widely critically acclaimed. The book features semi nude portraits of 70 women of various ethnical and social backgrounds along with stories about self discovery and empowerment. The book helped change the landscape of modern fashion casting.
In 2017 Janashvili co-founded a sustainable fashion company ChicCartel. The mission of the company is to make sustainable purchasing cool and empowering local female designers to make their garments in a sustainable fashion.
- "Huffington Post".
- Tamara Abraham, "Most runway models meet the BMI criteria for anorexia", claims plus-size magazine..., Mail Online, January 12, 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- Magazine editorial reveals shocking disparity between sizes of models and real women, FoxNews.com, January 12, 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- La campagna anti anoressia di Plus Model Magazine, La Republica, January 12, 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- ON the (plus) model size, NYDailyNews.com, January 14, 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "Plus-Size Model Magazine Fights 'Body Shaming' | Video - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Катя Жаркова в ТАЙН.НЕТ на MTV". YouTube. 2012-02-16. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Magazine editorial reveals shocking disparity between sizes of models and real women". Fox News. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Katya Zharkova - France - Canal +". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Today Show".
- "Picture Perfect | nuvoTV's: THE LAB". Secure.mynuvotv.com. 2012-10-01. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "Vanity Fair".
- "Thrive Global".
|This article about a British photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|