Victoria Janashvili (Nelson)
|Occupation||Photographer, public speaker, entrepreneur|
Victoria Nelson (Janashvili) is an American fashion photographer, book author, and entrepreneur.
Early life and education
Her editorial published in the January 2012 issue of PLUS Model Magazine which highlighted the disparities between real women and runway models was widely acclaimed in the media. Since then Victoria created many more images featuring plus size models that made headlines all over the world. Janashvili is also known for her expert appearances and features on television such as MTV, ABC News, FOX news, Canal + France and many others. Janashvili has also made guest appearances at the ABC's Today Show as well as in a TV shows Real Housewives of Miami and Curvy Girls on Nuvo TV.
In 2015 Janashvili published a highly controversial art book, Curves, that was widely critically acclaimed. The book features semi nude portraits of 70 women of various ethnic and social backgrounds along with stories about self discovery and empowerment. The book helped change the landscape of modern fashion casting.
- "Huffington Post".
- Magazine editorial reveals shocking disparity between sizes of models and real women, FoxNews.com, January 12, 2012. Retrieved January 16, 2012.
- La campagna anti anoressia di Plus Model Magazine, La Republica, January 12, 2012. Retrieved January 16, 2012.
- ON the (plus) model size, NYDailyNews.com, January 14, 2012. Retrieved January 16, 2012.
- "Plus-Size Model Magazine Fights 'Body Shaming' | Video – ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Катя Жаркова в ТАЙН.НЕТ на MTV". YouTube. February 16, 2012. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Magazine editorial reveals shocking disparity between sizes of models and real women". Fox News. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Katya Zharkova – France – Canal +". YouTube. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Today Show".
- "Picture Perfect | nuvoTV's: THE LAB". Secure.mynuvotv.com. October 1, 2012. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Vanity Fair".
- "Thrive Global".