Victorian Touring Coaches
|Service type||Bus & coach operator|
|Fleet||33 (April 2016)|
Victorian Touring Coaches is a bus and coach charter operator in Springvale.
Bill Armstrong purchased Beauty Tourist Co in 1950 from Sid Horne and SW Armstrong was born. The buses were based in Victoria Street, Brunswick. In 1965, Bill acquired part of Green Bus Lines of Malvern. Bill did not retain the Green Bus Lines names, instead continuing to trade as SW Armstrong. Officially known as Victorian Touring Coaches from 2000. In 2016 the depot was relocated from Moorabbin to Springvale.
As at April 2016 the fleet consisted of 33 buses and coaches. The fleet livery is navy blue and white.
- "The Victorian Touring Coaches Story" Australian Bus Panorama 5/3 March 1993 page 21
- "The Victorian Touring Coaches Story" Australian Bus Panorama 5/3 March 1993 page 23
- "Armstrongs Charter becomes Victorian Touring Coaches " Australian Bus Panorama 10/12 April 2000 page 3
- Armstrong takes late retirement to a new level Moorabbin Glen Eira Leader 15 September 2015
- Victorian Touring Coaches going strong Australasian Bus & Coach 10 February 2016
- Victorian Touring Coaches Australian Bus Fleet Lists