|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
Vida // is an unincorporated village in northern McCone County, Montana, United States, located on Montana Highway 13 along the Big Sky Back Country Byway, approximately 23 miles south of Wolf Point, Montana, and 27 miles north of Circle, Montana. At this location, it was known as Presserville until 1951, when the post office at a previous incarnation of Vida was moved to that town and Presserville's citizens agreed to change the town name to conform with the name under which the post office was registered.
Over the intervening decades, the population has dwindled significantly - Aa the 2000 census, the Vida area had a population of approximately 70 people. - but the post office remains active, along with a "one room schoolhouse" servicing northern McCone County and covering grades PK thru 8, two Christian churches (one Catholic, one Protestant), a convenience store and a gas station.
Vida is the boyhood home of All-State, Player of the Year, 1968 State Champion, Bruce Erickson. Vida is the boyhood home of eight time Montana sportscaster of the year Rocky Erickson of the Northern News Network.
- "Big Sky Back Country Byway". Federal Highway Administration, United States Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2007-01-30.
- "Big Sky Back Country Byway". Travel Montana, State of Montana. Retrieved 2007-01-30.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Covers Census Tract 9540, Blocks 3018, 3025, 3026, and 3083-3087. "U.S. Census Table". FactFinder.census.gov. Retrieved September 15, 2016.[dead link]
- Climate Summary for Vida, Montana
|This Montana state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|