|Produced by||Tiruppur Mani|
|Edited by||K. Gauthaman|
Vidinja Kalyanam (transl. Wedding, the next morning) is a 1986 Indian Tamil-language thriller film directed by Manivannan, starring Sathyaraj and Jayashree. It was released on 1 November 1986. The film was remade in Kannada as Suryodaya (1993).
This article needs an improved plot summary. (May 2022)
A death-sentenced inmate escapes prison and seeks asylum in a rich widow's house where she is living with her only daughter. Whether the marriage of her daughter will happen as planned forms the crux of the story.
- Sathyaraj as "Half Boil" Aarumugam
- Jayashree as Divya
- Sujatha as Janaki
- Raveendran as Balu
- Vijayakumar as Raghunath Divya's Father
- Senthil as Balu's Friend
- Chinni Jayanth
Music was composed by Ilaiyaraaja.
|"Kaalam Ilavenil Kaalam"||K. S. Chithra||Vaali||03:58|
|"Adiyeduthu Nadanthu"||Malaysia Vasudevan, Gangai Amaran, Deepan Chakravarthy, Raghavendra||Pulamaipithan||04:38|
|"Dance Papa"||Malaysia Vasudevan||Gangai Amaran||03:55|
N. Krishnaswamy of The Indian Express wrote, "Despite the fact that lacks thematic purity [..] The excellent craftsmanship [..] makes you slot it in the above average category."
- ^ ரிஷி (31 July 2020). "இயக்குநர் மணிவண்ணன்: நிழல்கள் முதல் நாகராஜசோழன் வரை". Hindu Tamil Thisai (in Tamil). Archived from the original on 9 July 2021. Retrieved 31 July 2021.
- ^ "ஒரே இயக்குநர்.. ஒரே நடிகர்.. ஒரே நாளில் வெளியான 2 திரைப்படங்கள்.. மணிவண்ணன் - சத்யராஜ் சம்பவங்கள்!". News18 (in Tamil). 8 February 2023. Archived from the original on 18 May 2023. Retrieved 18 May 2023.
- ^ "Suryodaya – ಸೂರ್ಯೋದಯ (1993/೧೯೯೩)". Kannada Movies Info. Archived from the original on 24 January 2023. Retrieved 25 January 2023.
- ^ "Vidinja Kalyanam Tamil FIlm EP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Archived from the original on 31 July 2021. Retrieved 31 July 2021.
- ^ "Vidinja Kalyanam (1986)". Raaga.com (in Tamil). Archived from the original on 14 July 2022. Retrieved 14 July 2022.
- ^ Krishnaswamy, N. (7 November 1986). "Home, despite deviations". The Indian Express. p. 14. Retrieved 12 January 2019.