Vila Nova de Famalicão (Portuguese pronunciation: [ˈvilɐ ˈnɔvɐ ðɨ fɐmɐliˈkɐ̃w]) is a town and municipality in the district of Braga, in the north of Portugal. The population in 2011 was 133,832, in an area of 201.59 km².
The present mayor is Paulo Cunha, elected by a coalition between the Social Democratic Party and the Democratic Social Center.
Administratively, the municipality is divided into 34 civil parishes (freguesias):
- Antas e Abade de Vermoim
- Arnoso (Santa Maria e Santa Eulália) e Sezures
- Avidos e Lagoa
- Carreira e Bente
- Esmeriz e Cabeçudos
- Gondifelos, Cavalões e Outiz
- Lemenhe, Mouquim e Jesufrei
- Pousada de Saramagos
- Riba de Ave
- Ruivães e Novais
- Santa Maria de Oliveira
- São Martinho do Vale
- São Mateus de Oliveira
- Vale (São Cosme), Telhado e Portela
- Vila Nova de Famalicão e Calendário
- Vilarinho das Cambas
The economy of the municipality is mainly based on textile and food industries.
- Tiago Machado (born 1985) professional cyclist and former Portuguese national time trial champion