|Vincent R. Reinhart|
August 20, 1957 |
New York City, United States
|Institution||American Enterprise Institute, Resident Scholar|
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Vincent Raymond Reinhart (born August 20, 1957) is the Chief Economist for Standish Mellon Asset Management.
Reinhart received a B.S. from Fordham University, a M.Phil. and M.A. from Columbia University. He held several positions in the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in the 1980s, numerous senior positions in the Divisions of Monetary Affairs and International Finance in the 1990s and during the last six years of his career in the Federal Reserve as secretary and economist of the Federal Open Market Committee. From 2011 to 2015, Reinhart was the Chief US Economist at Morgan Stanley. He joined Standish Asset Management, the fixed income boutique for BNY Mellon Investment Management, as Chief Economist in March 2016.
Research and publication
Reinhart's work covers various topics of domestic and international monetary policy, such as economic bubbles, auctions of U.S. Treasury securities, alternative strategies for monetary policy and the efficient communication of monetary policy decisions, and the financial crisis of 2007–2010. He has published in scholarly journals such as the American Economic Review, International Journal of Finance and Economics, Journal of Macroeconomics, Journal of Money, and Credit and Banking, among others. In the financial press, his work is often cited or carried, including in Bloomberg L.P., The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal.
- Standish Mellon Asset Management Names Vincent Reinhart Chief Economist. PR Newswire. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "Fed Rejects Geithner Request for Study of Governance, Structure", by Craig Torres and Robert Schmidt. Bloomberg, September 21, 2009 00:01 EDT. Footnote upgraded 2010-07-03.
- "Federal Reserve Made $47.4 Billion in 2009" "DealBook" blog, The New York Times, April 22, 2010, 2:21 am ET. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- "The Dangers Ahead for Bernanke: Surprises in Store" section of "Room for Debate ... running commentary," five opinions on Fed Chairman's reappointment compiled by the editors, The New York Times, August 26, 2009, 11:55 am. Retrieved 2010-07-03.
- "Fallout From a Bailout: How the Bear Stearns Intervention Will Haunt the Fed", column by Vincent Reinhart, Washington Post, May 22, 2008. Footnote upgraded 2010-07-03.
- "Secretary Paulson Makes the Right Call", "Opinion" by Vincent Reinhart, The Wall Street Journal, Sept. 16, 2008 p. A23. Footnote upgraded 2010-07-03.