|Owner||Gamerflot Trading LTD|
|Created by||Virtonomics Team|
|Slogan(s)||Business is a game!|
|Alexa rank||116,982 (April 2014[update])|
|Launched||December 11, 2006|
Virtonomics is a massively multiplayer, turn-based, serious game, persistent, browser-based, online business simulation game developed by Gamerflot Trading, published by UAB Marilana and launched in 2006.
Virtonomics resembles Trevor Chan's business simulation game Capitalism 2. It simulates the basic principles and processes of businesses in a competitive environment. There are no predefined victory or failure conditions, and the game does not end. Players define their own end goals for the game, and try achieve them using strategy and tactics. Typically, the main goal is to build a successful business amidst competition.
Virtonomics is a multiplayer game, and players mainly interact with other players as well as with a computer-controlled opponent. It is turn-based game, and each turn lasts a fixed length of time. Generally, turns are a day long, and for a regular player, the game required 15 to 60 minutes a day. In 2014, the developers released a "fast realm", a game server where turns were an hour long; this was designed for players in short-term business training.
Currently Virtonomics has six realms: Vera, Olga, Mary, Lien, Fast and Anna.
In the game, players may engage in agriculture, exploitation of natural resources, manufacturing, retail, foreign exchange market trade, finance, personnel management, marketing, logistics, scientific research and other business processes.
Virtonomics is developed by GamerFlot Trading Ltd. A prototype of Virtonomics called Money Mania was released in 2004, and it ran as a non-commercial project for a few years. On 11 December 2006, Money Mania was renamed Virtonomics, and released in the Russian language. The game was named by Game World Navigator as the best economic online game of 2007. The game entered the global market in 2009 with a freemium model, and was translated to several other languages.
- "Virtonomics.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Morabito, Vincenzo (2015-01-31). Big Data and Analytics: Strategic and Organizational Impacts. Springer. ISBN 9783319106656.
- Dale, Holt (2011-09-30). Professional Education Using E-Simulations: Benefits of Blended Learning Design: Benefits of Blended Learning Design. IGI Global. ISBN 9781613501900.
- Экономическая онлайн-игра "Виртономика" названа лучшей игрой 2007 года [Economic online game "Virtonomica" named best game of 2007] (in Russian). Mail.Ru. 2008-01-29. Archived from the original on 2009-10-08. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- "ВИРТОНОМИКА" – ЛУЧШАЯ БРАУЗЕРНАЯ ИГРА! ["Virtonomics" - the best browser game!]. Business Press (Alliance Media) (in Russian). Alliance Media National Business Partnership. Archived from the original on 2014-07-18. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- Blažič, Andrej; Ribeiro, Claudia; Fernandes, João; Pereira, João; Arh, Tanja (2012). Analysing the required properties of business simulation games to be used in e-learning and education. Intelligent information management. p. 352.
- Bellotti, F; Berta, R; De Gloria, A; Lavagnino, E; Antonaci, A; Dagnino, F; Ott, M; Romero, M; Usart, M; Mayer, I.S. (2014). "Serious games and the development of an entrepreneurial mindset in higher education engineering students". Entertainment Computing. Elsevier. 5 (4). doi:10.1016/j.entcom.2014.07.003. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- Chinarova, Catherine (2006). "Бизнесмен играющий" [Business Gaming] (PDF). Бизнес-журнал (in Russian). 36 (24): 91. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2016-01-02. Retrieved 2016-01-05.