Vishwas Vasant Mandlik
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vishwas Mandlik (Rushi Dharmajyoti)
|Occupation||Yoga teacher, author|
Vishwas Mandlik , better known as Mandlik sir , was the founder of the "Yoga Vidya Dham" and is considered one of the foremost yoga teachers in India. He has written many books on yoga practice and philosophy. On 6 March 2007, Paramhansa Niranjananda Saraswati of Bihar Yoga, initiated him to Rushi Sannayasa (part of higher sannayasa tradition) and gave new name Rushi Dharmajyoti.
Mandlik was born in 1944 in Nasik in a middle-class family. He completed his education from Pune. In 1967, he graduated from University of Pune as Bachelor in Electrical engineering from Government College of Engineering, Pune, one of the oldest technical schools in India. During the college days, he won lot of awards on national level in competitive rowing, boating. He also won the prestigious "Senior Championship" in 1966.
Mandlik started his career as an Engineer in Voltas Transformers Ltd., a Multinational Company in Pune. After working there for 12 years eventually he started his own business of Manufacturing Electrical Distribution Transformers and Industrial Equipments in Nasik in 1978, expanding to Pune and Aurangabad in next few years. Along with his business, he was practicing yoga. He retired from his business in 1995, adopting Yoga Education as his life mission.
Career in Yoga
Mandlik started Yoga Vidya Dham in 1978, utilizing the morning and evening hours for the noble cause of Yoga Education. He has authored more than 40 books and over 200 audio cassettes and cds, 2 software on Yoga Education, applications of Yoga, Yoga as a Therapy, Yoga for Kids, Women etc. He is the Editor of Yoga monthly called "Yoga Sugandha" for last 25 years. He is Vice Chancellor of Yoga Vidya Gurukul (Yoga University). He has treated more than 35000 patients suffering from various chronic diseases like Back ache, spondilitis, asthma, diabetes, heart problems, arthritis, hypertension, blood pressure, digestive disorders, psychosomatic disorders and many more through Yoga therapy centers in Nasik and other cities. he conducts various courses, lectures, workshops on stress management, therapy etc. all over India. He has been the source of inspiration to thousands of yoga seekers, volunteers, teachers all over India and other countries as well.
Yoga Vidya Dham
Yoga Vidya Dham is one of the big yoga institutes in India. It was founded in 1978 and is working as a Non Profit Organization having 150 branches in Maharashtra alone, 8 in Karnataka, 7 in Eastern part of India. This includes all major cities of Maharashtra including Nasik, Pune, Ahmednager, Kolhapur, Pimpri-Chinchwad etc. It is now expanding in other countries like United States, UK, Italy, Hong Kong, Australia, Ireland etc. More than 450,000 people have completed basic Yoga Pravesh course till today. More than 8500 teachers work all over India conducting classes. Yoga Vidya Dham is running 2 centers in Nasik. Yoga Vidya Dham is a University which imparts Yoga training to students and those aspiring to be yoga teachers. Various courses are conducted at different levels, Yoga Bindu, Yoga Sopan,Yoga Sanjivan,Yoga Pravesh, Yoga Parichay, Yoga Praveen, Yoga Pandit, Yoga Teacher, Yoga Adhyapak and Yoga Pradhyapak.
- Outstanding Citizen award
- Lifetime Achievement Award" by College of Engineering Pune
- Saraswati Award" by Kailas Math Nasik
- Ideal Yoga Teacher"
- Yogacharya by Paramacharya (Chancellor) of Bihar Yoga Bharati (First Yoga University in the World) Paramhansa Niranjananda Saraswati
He is married to Pournima Mandlik who is also a practicing yoga teacher. He has a son named Gandhar Mandlik
- Yoga Vidya Dham organisation in 1972
- Yoga Chintan (A periodical magazine on Yoga.)
- Yoga Gurukul (University of Yoga) in Nasik, India.
- Yoga Chaitanya Seva Pratishthan - A trust to help propagation of Yoga in remote part of India.
- Expanded the network of Yoga Vidya Dham to more than 100 cities in India.
- Successfully treated more than 13000 patients suffering from various diseases in our Therapy centre.
- Presented more than 15 research papers in different International Yoga Conferences.
- Beneficiaries more than 2,51,700 in last 20 years.
- Yoga Bindu
- Yoga Pravesh
- Yoga Parichay
- Yoga Sopan Easy Way to Good Health / Yogic Solution for Back Pain
- Ashtang Yoga (Yoga the Science)
- योग प्रवेश
- योग परिचय
- योग बिंदू
- योग सोपान
- निसर्गाची साद
- आरोग्यासाठी आहार
- विध्यार्थ्यांच्या सर्वांगीण विकासाची साधना
- अष्टांग योग, यमनियम
- मुक्तचिंतन भाग १ व २
- मुलांसाठी योगनिद्रा
- तणावमुक्तीसाठी योगनिद्रा
- विकारमुक्तीसाठी योगनिद्रा