|Died||15 March 2020 (aged 92)|
|Political party||Italian Communist Party|
Gregotti was born in Novara, in the Italian Piedmont, and attended the Politecnico di Milano. He worked as a contributor to Casabella, an architectural magazine, and was its editor-in-chief from 1955 to 1963. Gregotti founded his own studio, Gregotti Associati International, in 1974 but also lectured on architectural theory and curated several exhibits in Italy.
His studio has designed several important sports venues and cultural buildings, such as the Barcelona Olympic Stadium, the Belém Cultural Center in Lisbon, the Arcimboldi Opera Theater in Milan and several university campuses, including that of the University of Calabria.
- Inside Architecture, (The MIT Press, 1996) ISBN 978-0-262-57115-9
- Architecture, Means and Ends translated by Lydia Cochrane (University of Chicago Press, 2010) ISBN 978-0-226-30758-9
- Otero-Pailos, Jorge (January 2000). "Interview with Vittorio Gregotti: The Role of Phenomenology in the Formation of the Italian Neo-Avant Garde". Thresholds. MIT Department of Architecture. 21: 40–46. doi:10.1162/thld_a_00445. ISSN 1091-711X.
- Sayer, Jason (15 March 2020). "Italian architect Vittorio Gregotti dies of coronavirus at 92". The Architect's Newspaper. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "Vittorio Gregotti, renowned Italian architect, dies of coronavirus at 92". The Guardian. Agence France-Presse. 15 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- Xue, Charlie Q. L.; Zhou, Minghao (2007). "Importation and adaptation: building one city and nine towns in Shanghai: a case study of Vittorio Gregotti's plan of Pujiang Town". Urban Design International. Palgrave Macmillan. 12: 21–40. doi:10.1057/palgrave.udi.9000180. S2CID 59521258.
- STUDIO Architecture and Urbanism magazine
- Article on Issue#02 Original
- Press, The MIT. "Inside Architecture | The MIT Press". mitpress.mit.edu. Retrieved 16 March 2020.
- "Coronavirus: morto Vittorio Gregotti, maestro dell'architettura del Novecento". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). 15 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "Vittorio Gregotti, renowned Italian architect, dies of coronavirus at 92". The Guardian. 16 March 2020. Retrieved 17 March 2020.