Vivantes Hospital Group
|Vivantes Hospital Group|
|Other links||List of hospitals in Germany|
|Revenue||EUR€ 1.3 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
The Vivantes Hospital Group is a state-owned healthcare company operating hospitals, primary health care centers, nursing facilities and other medical centers in Berlin. The company runs 10 hospitals with total capacity of about 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees.
The Vivantes Hospital Group was founded in 2001. The hospital group includes 10 hospitals with around 100 medical departments and institutions, rehabilitation centers, 40 centers of excellence, primary healthcare facilities, 12 nursing facilities and other outpatient and inpatient healthcare facilities in Berlin. The hospital group has a capacity of about 6,000 beds and more than 17,000 employees, 2,300 of which are physicians. According to the company, it is the biggest state-owned hospital group in Berlin providing hospital care for about a third of patients in the city seeking inpatient care.
The hospitals in the group are:
- Vivantes Humboldt-Klinikum
- Vivantes Klinikum Spandau
- Vivantes Klinikum Am Urban
- Vivantes Auguste-Viktoria-Klinikum
- Vivantes Wenckebach-Klinikum
- Vivantes Klinikum Neukölln
- Vivantes Klinikum Kaulsdorf
- Vivantes Klinikum im Friedrichshain
- Klinikum Prenzlauer Berg
- Vivantes Ida-Wolff-Krankenhaus
The state of Berlin undertook a bank guarantee for 180 million euros in 2011 to finance development projects. The company made a profit each year from 2004 to 2011.
- "The Group | Vivantes-International". www.vivantes-international.com. Retrieved 1 May 2020.
- "Vivantes Jahresbericht 2019" (PDF). Vivantes.
- "Vivantes Hospital Group". Berlin Health Excellence. 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Das Riesengeschäft mit dem Medizintourismus in Deutschland". DW. 11 January 2018. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Land übernimmt Millionen-Bürgschaft für Vivantes". Berliner Morgenpost. 6 October 2011. Retrieved 7 March 2019.