This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Born||1 June 1976|
Jalgaon, Maharashtra, India
|Genres||Hindustani classical music, film score|
|Years active||1997 – present|
Sonar started playing the flute as a hobby at the age of 8. He started learning formally at the age of 15. He graduated from Pune University in Commerce in 1996 and started working with the Indian Express. In 1997 he started flute lessons with Hariprasad Chaurasia. He subsequently quit his job to become a musician. He graduated in music from the Akhil Bharatiya Gandharv Mahavidhyalaya.
Sonar founded the first annual music festival, Bansuri Utsav, dedicated to the bansuri. The festival also stages his flute symphony where more than 50 flautists perform compositions created by him. The festival also gives an award to musicians who have contributed to Indian classical music.
- "Date with bansuri". thehindu.com. 4 May 2018.
- "About Vivek Sonar". viveksonar.com. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Vivek Sonar - Flautist". meetkalakar.com. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Bansuri Utsav". gurukulpratishthan.org. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Gurukul Prathishthan's Bansuri Utsav to start in Mumbai". Hindustan Times. 19 November 2011.
- "Eighty flautists take to the stage together". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia". knowyourstar.com. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Kalanubhava Sangeet Mahotsav paid tribute to Pt. Sangameshwar Gurav". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 8 May 2018.
- "Playing in symphony". thehindu.com. 23 April 2017.
- "Bhawani Shankar And Vivek Sonar". dnasyndication.com.