Vladimir Kozhin (businessman)
|Senator from Moscow|
|Assumed office |
19 September 2018
|Preceded by||Vladimir Dolgikh|
Vladimir Igorevich Kozhin
28 February 1959
Troitsk, Chelyabinsk Oblast, Soviet Union
Vladimir Igorevich Kozhin (Russian: Влади́мир И́горевич Ко́жин, born February 28, 1959 in Troitsk, Chelyabinsk Oblast, Soviet Union) is a Russian businessman and politician. Senator from Moscow since 2018. Previously he was an Aide to the President of Russia and head of the Control Directorate of the Presidential Administration of Russia.
In March 1993, he became the Director General of the Saint Petersburg Association of Joint Ventures. From October 1994 until September 1999 he was the Chief of the Northwestern Center of the Federal Directorate for Currency and Export Control of Russia. From September 20, 1999 until January 12, 2000, he led the Russian Federal Service for Currency and Export Control (VEK).
Since January 12, 2000, Kozhin has been the Head of the Presidential Property Management Department of the Russian Federation, appointed by President Vladimir Putin. In 2008, President Dmitry Medvedev appointed him as a member of the Presidential Executive Office.
On March 20, 2014, the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) published that Kozhin and 19 other men have been added to the Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN), a list of individuals sanctioned as “members of the Russian leadership’s inner circle.”.
Honours and awards (selection)
- Order of Holy Prince Daniel of Moscow 3rd class (2002)
- State Prize of the Russian Federation (2003; for his efforts on the renovation of the Constantine Palace in Strelna as a new presidential residence)
- Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" 2nd class (2006); 4th class (2009)
- Order of Alexander Nevsky (2014)
References and notes
- Собянин назначил Владимира Кожина сенатором от Москвы
- "Dmitry Medvedev had a working meeting with Head of the Presidential Control Directorate Konstantin Chuychenko". kremlin.ru. 2009-03-26.
- "Dmitry Medvedev announced the new appointees to the Presidential Administration". kremlin.ru. 2008-05-13.
- Kremlin Eyes Moscow Mayoral Candidates. rferl.org, 2010-10-01
- "Treasury Sanctions Russian Officials, Members Of The Russian Leadership's Inner Circle, And An Entity For Involvement In The Situation In Ukraine". US Department of the treasury.
- "Executive Order - Blocking Property of Additional Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine". The White House - Office of the Press Secretary.
- Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN)
- Shuklin, Peter (March 21, 2014). "Putin's inner circle: who got in a new list of US sanctions". liga.net. Archived from the original on February 7, 2015. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- President of The United States (March 19, 2016). "Ukraine EO13661" (PDF). Federal Register. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- "Село Одинцово — ЦЕРКОВЬ УТОЛИ МОЯ ПЕЧАЛИ" (in Russian). domod.ru. 2002-11-17. Archived from the original on March 18, 2005. Retrieved 2005-03-18.
- "Указ Президента Российской Федерации от 09.09.2004 г. № 1154 — О присуждении Государственных премий Российской Федерации 2003 года в области науки и техники" (in Russian). kremlin.ru. 2004-09-09. Retrieved 2015-10-08.
- "Указ Президента РФ от 30 октября 2006 г. N 1199 — "О награждении государственными наградами Российской Федерации работников Управления делами Президента Российской Федерации"" (in Russian). bazazakonov.ru. 2006-10-30. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "УКАЗ Президента РФ от 15.10.2009 N 1161 — "О НАГРАЖДЕНИИ ГОСУДАРСТВЕННЫМИ НАГРАДАМИ РОССИЙСКОЙ ФЕДЕРАЦИИ"" (in Russian). kremlin.ru. 2009-10-15. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Указ Президента Российской Федерации от 05.03.2014 № 112 — "О награждении государственными наградами Российской Федерации"" (in Russian). pravo.gov.ru. 2014-03-05. Archived from the original on 2016-02-16. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
| Chief of the Russian Federal Service for Currency and Export Control
September 20, 1999 - January 12, 2000
| Head of the Russian Presidential Property Management Department
January 12, 2000–present