|Labels||Christ Core, Vomit Bucket, Rowe|
|Associated acts||Cryptal Darkness|
|Website||Vomitorial Corpulence on Facebook|
|Past members||Paul Green|
Vomitorial Corpulence was a grindcore band that originated in Melbourne, Australia. The band was started by Paul Green. The band's name comes from Revelation 3:15-16. Vomitorial Corpulence is widely known as one of the first Christian grindcore band.
Background and impact
Vomitorial Corpulence started in 1992 as a vision of Guitarist/Vocalist Paul Green, but didn't get moving until 1993, when he hired on Bassist Mark Hamilton and Drummer Alexander O'Neil. O'Neil quit in 1995 and was replaced by Christopher Valentine. The band recorded their debut album, Skin Stripper, before the band went on hiatus for the first time. The Album includes two bluegrass banjo tracks composed by Mike Keady. In December 2001, Green moved to Minnesota and married Maria, who became the band's Bassist, and hired on Ziggy Peters and Johnathan Kellerman on Vocals. Due to lack of a Drummer, the band went on a second hiatus. In August 2006, Green started the band back up with Hamilton and Valentine. The band ended in 2008.
Alexander O'Neil, the band's former drummer, joined Cryptal Darkness and Desolate Eternity after departing from the band. Valentine ran the label known the label known as Christ Core Records, which signed the act Flactorophia.
Last known lineup
- Paul Green - guitars, vocals (1993–2008)
- Mark Hamilton - bass (1993–1999, 2006–2008)
- Chris Valentine - drums (1995–1999, 2006–2008)
- Alexander O'Neil - drums (1993–1995)
- Ziggy Peters - vocals (2001–2003)
- Joshua Kellerman - vocals (2001–2003)
- Maria Green - bass (2001–2003)
- Karrionic Hacktician (1995)
- Skin Stripper (1998, Christ Core Records)
- Karrionic Hacktician (2006, Christ Core)
- Skin Decomposition (2007, Christ Core/Vomit Bucket; split with Vomitous Discharge, Flactorophia, Engravor, Eternal Mystery, Demonic Dismemberment)
- Pathetic Prolification (1997)
- Vaake. "Vomitorial Corpulence - Skin Stripper" (in Italian). Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- Moberg, Marcus (2015). Christian Metal: History, Ideology, Scene. Bloomsbury Publishing. p. 38. ISBN 978-1-47257-986-7. Retrieved on 14 October 2016.
- Giffin, Brian (2015). Encyclopaedia of Australian Heavy Metal (3rd ed.). Dark Star. ISBN 978-0-9943206-1-2. "Vomitorial Corpulence". Retrieved on 14 October 2016.
- "Vomitorial Corpulence - Frequently Asked Questions". Angelfire. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- TheVociferator (11 November 2014). "8-WAY CHRISTIAN GRINDCORE SPLIT". The Circle Pit. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Vomitorial Corpulence". New Release Tuesday. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- Morrow, Matt. "Vomitorial Corpulence - Skin Stripper". The Whipping Post. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- Strother, Eric (2013). Unlocking the Paradox of Christian Metal Music (PDF). University of Kentucky. p. 139, 140, 224. Retrieved on 14 October 2016.