Vossloh G1000 BB
|Vossloh G1000 BB|
The Vossloh G1000 BB is a class of off-centre cab diesel-hydraulic B'B' 4 axle locomotives built by Vossloh in Kiel since 2002. When operating under Swiss ownership the locomotives have received the class Am 842, several units owned by the Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois are classified as CFL class 1100.
Design and specifications
The class is based upon the standard Vossloh locomotives design, and are a higher powered development of the Vossloh G800 BB which were produced mainly for the Austrian Federal Railways, with a 1.1 MW (1,500 hp) MTU engine replacing the 0.8 MW (1,100 hp) Caterpillar engine in the G800; as a result the front engine compartment is enlarged, whilst other features: bogie frame and overall dimensions remain the same.
The locomotives have been homologated for Germany, France, Italy and Switzerland.
In Germany several units are operated by Häfen und Güterverkehr Köln and Chemion Logistiks GmbH., Eisenbahnen und Verkehrsbetriebe Elbe-Weser (EVB) operates two units. Single units are operated by Siegener Kreisbahn and Managementgesellschaft für Hafen und Markt mbH (HFM) (Frankfurt,
Six units are operated by the Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Luxembourgeois (CFL)
In Switzerland SBB Cargo has operated several of the class, and BLS Cargo one unit, where the locomotives are classified as type Am 842. A single unit is owned and operated by Tamoil (Switzerland) at the Raffinerie de Collombey.
- "Vossloh - G 1000 BB". www.loks-aus-kiel.de (in German).
- "G 1000 BB , Four axle diesel-hydraulic locomotive for heavy shunting and light line service" (PDF). www.vossloh-locomotives.com.
- "G 1000 BB". www.vossloh-locomotives.com.
- "G 1000BB references". www.vossloh-locomotives.com.
- "Vossloh - G 1000 BB". www.loks-aus-kiel.de (in German). See individual locomotive histories.
- "D 100 HU" (PDF). www.hupac.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vossloh G 1000 BB.|
- "Picture Gallery - Directory: /pix/de/private/builder/Vossloh/G1000". www.railfaneurope.net.
- "Locomotive Diesel Vossloh G1000 BB". www.rail.lu (in German).
- "G1000 BB profile and pictures under various owners". trainspo.com.