Vozzhayevka (air base)
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
|Operator||Russian Air Force|
|Elevation AMSL||738 ft / 225 m|
Vozzhayevka (also Vozzhayevka Northeast (US)) is an air base in Amur Oblast, Russia located about 100 km southeast of Blagoveshchensk. It is a medium-sized air base located near an SS-11 missile field at Svobodnyy.
Units stationed at Vozzhayevka include:
- 293 ORAP (293rd Independent Aviation Reconnaissance Regiment) or 293 OPIB (293rd Independent Fighter-Bomber Aviation Regiment) flying Su-17M3R aircraft in the late 1980s  and the MiG-25 until 1987. The regiment was under 1 OA (1st Air Army, i.e. Far East Air Army).
In the late 1960s, a runway extension and 30 new hardstands were added, and Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-17 Fresco and Yakovlev Yak-25 Mandrake were being operated at the airfield. An October 1972 reconnaissance satellite analysis showed six Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-17 Fresco, three Yakovlev Yak-28 Brewer, three Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15UTI trainers, with small numbers of older fighters and transports.
Satellite imagery from 2010 onward showed the base to abandoned, with the remains of several Su-24 Fencer aircraft strewn about the storage areas.
- "37 Vozdushnaya Armiya VGK". Brinkster.com.
- AIR AND GROUND ORDER OF BATTLE, CIA-RDP82-00457R004100090007-4, Central Intelligence Agency, 1950.
- JOINT MISSION COVERAGE SUMMARY MISSION C 6011 1 MARCH 1958, CIA-RDP78T04753A000700010021-3, Central Intelligence Agency, March 31, 1958.
- INCREASED ACTIVITY VOZZHAYEVKA AIRFIELD NORTHEAST USSR, CIA-RDP78T05929A003200070005-4, Central Intelligence Agency, August 22, 1968.
- OAK SUPPLEMENT PART 8 KH-9 MISSION 1204 11 OCTOBER - 17 DECEMBER 1972 (TOP SECRET), CIA-RDP78T04752A000100010005-1, Central Intelligence Agency, January 1, 1973.
- NEW SOVIET TACTICAL AIR-TO-SURFACE MISSILE AND SHIPPING CONTAINER, CIA-RDP81T00380R000100060001-6, Central Intelligence Agency, March 1, 1981.
|This Russian military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|