|Revenue||€1.19 billion (2021)|
Number of employees
WAGO GmbH & Co. KG is a German company that manufactures components for electrical connections and electronic components for decentralized automation. The company is especially well known for its cage clamp and push-wire connector products, particularly the 280 Series and the 273 Series (often referred to as "WAGO Cage Clamps").
WAGO is headquartered in Minden, a town in Germany’s state of North Rhine-Westphalia. Founded in Minden as a family company in 1951, WAGO has been under the long-time guidance of Wolfgang Hohorst, Managing Director with sole power of representation for the WAGO Group. In 2004, the company was certified according to ISO 14001 in recognition of environmental management standards.
In addition to the central location in Minden, the WAGO Group has manufacturing plants in Sondershausen (Thuringia), Domdidier (Switzerland), Noida (India), Tianjin (People's Republic of China), Wrocław (Poland) and Germantown (United States).
WAGO is subdivided into 35 WAGO companies and free commercial agencies worldwide. In 2021, it achieved worldwide consolidated sales of EUR 1.19 billion million.
WAGO was founded on April 27, 1951 by Friedrich Hohorst and Heinrich Nagel as WAGO Klemmenwerk GmbH. Before this came the purchase of the first patent for a spring clamp.
At the time, the quality of available raw materials prevented the clamps from adhering to this principle while being manufactured properly. This led to the creation of the screwless clamp, known today as the spring clamp. Spring clamps have become recognized worldwide as an industrial standard for wire connection.
- In 2003, the 222 series was released. The 222 is a toolless splicing connector that uses an orange lever to secure inserted wire between 28-12 AWG.
- In 2015, the 221 series was released. The 221 series is similar to the 222 but is slimmer and has a transparent housing that makes it possible to verify proper wire insertion.
Since 2000, there has been a cooperation agreement between WAGO Kontakttechnik and the Besselgymnasium (high school) in Minden.
The WAGO Foundation recognizes the best achievements of trainees on the final examinations in both locations in Minden and Sondershausen, as well as in nearby towns and cities, by awarding them prizes.
- WAGO Kontakttechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- "Data and Facts – Our Success in Numbers".
- "WAGO Releases 222 Series of Compact Splicing Connector". WAGO Corporation. 11 December 2003. Retrieved 18 April 2021.
- "221 Series Splicing Connectors Offer Rapid Reliable Installation". WAGO Corporation. 5 November 2015.