|Broadcast area||Northeast Georgia|
|Branding||North Georgia's News/Talk AM 550 & FM 102.9 WDUN|
|Slogan||North Georgia's News/Talk, Now 2 Stations Strong|
|Frequency||102.9 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|Repeater(s)||W300BF 107.9 MHz, Commerce, Georgia|
|First air date||1990|
|Former callsigns||WCHM-FM (1990-1990)
Fox News Radio
SEC Radio Network
Gainesville High School
(JWJ Properties, Inc.)
|Sister stations||WDUN AM550
WGGA 1240 AM
WDUN-FM (102.9 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a talk radio format. Licensed to Clarkesville, Georgia, the station serves the Northeastern Georgia area. The station is currently owned by JWJ Properties, Inc., doing business as Jacobs Media Corporation, which also operates WDUN-AM in Gainesville, Georgia.
The station signed on the air January 9, 1990 as WCHM, and less than a month later became WMJE 102.9FM, "Majic 103FM", with a soft AC format. The station changed format to Contemporary hit radio in 1997, to Hot Adult Contemporary in 2000, to Oldies in 2003, all the while retaining the "Majic" branding. The station changed to "Kool FM" for a short time before dropping its music programming altogether in 2010.
According to FCC records, WDUN-FM has one repeater station, W300BF 107.9 MHz in Commerce, Georgia, owned by Athens Christian Radio, Inc.
WDUN-FM airs the Gwinnett Braves Radio Network and the Gwinnett Gladiators, as well as Georgia Southern Eagles and the Atlanta Falcons (with which WMJE was affiliated prior to the format change). The station also carries some local high school sports live, including Gainesville High School.
- "WDUN-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WDUN-FM Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "About Us". AccessNorthGa.com. AccessNorthGa.com. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "How "Kool" is this – Northeastern GA's WDUN will simulcast talk on "Kool 102.9"". Radio-Info.com. 2010-10-01. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WDUN
- Radio-Locator information on WDUN
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WDUN
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W300BF
- Radio-Locator information on W300BF
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for W300BF
|This article about a radio station in the state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|