A WOEID (Where On Earth IDentifier) is a unique 32-bit reference identifier, originally defined by GeoPlanet and now assigned by Yahoo!, that identifies any feature on Earth. In 2009, Yahoo! released GeoPlanet's WOEID data to the public, with the last release on 1 June 2012, after which Yahoo! decided to cease making the data downloadable until they "determine a better way to surface the data as a part of the service".
- "Yahoo! WOEID Lookup". http://Zourbuth Project.
- "Free geo data solutions compared: GeoNames.org vs. Yahoo! GeoPlanet". Cosmo Code. 24 January 2010.
- "Yahoo! GeoPlanet™ Data". Yahoo!. Archived from the original on 25 June 2014.
- "Flickr Services: Flickr API: flickr.places.getInfo". www.flickr.com. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "Key:woeid - OpenStreetMap Wiki". wiki.openstreetmap.org. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "zWeatherFeed - Weather Feed Using WOEID Locations". Zazar.