- For the former WBOC-FM at 104.7, see WQHQ.
|City||Princess Anne, Maryland|
|Broadcast area||The Delmarva|
|First air date||December 24, 1976(as WOLC)|
|Callsign meaning||We're Between the Ocean and the Chesapeake|
|Former callsigns||WOLC (1976–2015)|
|Owner||Draper Holdings Business Trust
WBOC-FM (102.5 FM) is a radio station that broadcasts an Adult Contemporary format. Licensed to Princess Anne, Maryland, USA, the station is owned by Draper Holdings Business Trust, which also owns WBOC-TV (channel 16).
The station went on the air December 24, 1976 as WOLC, a religious station owned by Maranatha, Inc. (not to be confused with the unrelated Maranatha Broadcasting Company, the owners of WFMZ-TV in Allentown, Pennsylvania). In August 2015, Maranatha agreed to sell WOLC to Draper Holdings Business Trust, owner of WBOC-TV, and took the station off the air on August 18. Draper moved WOLC's studios from Princess Anne to the Salisbury studios of WBOC-TV, using the space formerly occupied by the former WBOC radio (now WTGM and WQHQ); it also announced that the station would introduce a format that, while not yet chosen, would include news, weather, and sports content from WBOC-TV. Draper also filed to change the station's call letters to WBOC-FM. The sale was completed on November 10, 2015 at a purchase price of $650,000; the change to WBOC-FM took effect at that time. The station returned to the air on November 20, and aired Christmas music without commercials through the holiday season. WBOC-FM launched its eventual adult contemporary format on December 31, 2015.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-206. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- Rush, Don (August 18, 2015). "Last Broadcast Day for Joy! Radio". Delmarva Public Radio. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- Northam, Mitchell (August 13, 2015). "WBOC makes radio waves with purchase of WOLC 102.5 FM". DelmarvaNow. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- "Media Bureau Call Sign Actions" (PDF). Federal Communications Commission. September 16, 2015. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- "Consummation Notice". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. November 10, 2015. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved November 15, 2015.
- "Resumption of Operations". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. November 20, 2015. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- Venta, Lance (November 24, 2015). "WBOC-FM Salisbury Launches With Christmas Music". RadioInsight. Retrieved November 24, 2015.
- Venta, Lance (December 31, 2015). "WBOC-FM Salisbury Flips To AC". RadioInsight. Retrieved December 31, 2015.
- 102-5 WBOC Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WBOC
- Radio-Locator information on WBOC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WBOC
|This article about a radio station in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|