|City||Tupper Lake, New York|
|Slogan||The Tri-Lakes Greatest Hits|
|First air date||1980|
|Callsign meaning||RGR Broadcasting (former owner)|
|Former callsigns||WTPL-FM (1980-1987)|
|Owner||Border Media Licenses LLC.|
The station went on the air as WTPL-FM on March 17, 1980. On August 31, 1987, the station changed its call sign to the current WRGR.
WRGR formerly broadcast a classic rock format branded as "Rock 105", which was simulcast with WLPW (105.5 FM) in Lake Placid, New York. In June 2017, the Adirondack Daily Enterprise reported that the stations had switched to a simulcast of sister station WNBZ-FM. By November 2017, WRGR had gone silent.
On February 12, 2018 Radio Lake Placid, Inc filed to sell the station to Border Media. Border Media is led by Ricki Lee, CEO of radio technology company Aiir.  The FCC granted the assignment of the license on August 28, 2018 
- Fybush, Scott (May 21, 2004). "New York's North Country". Tower Site of the Week. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "WRGR Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "WRGR Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Knight, Chris (June 21, 2017). "The death of local radio?". Adirondack Daily Enterprise. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "Partners Buy Out Partners At Two Broadcasting Companies". All Access. November 21, 2017. Retrieved November 29, 2017.
- "A New Border Media Rises In Upstate New York". RadioInsight. February 12, 2018.
- "FCC Grants License Assignment". FCC. August 28, 2018.
- "102.1 Lake FM Coming Soon..." Lake FM.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WRGR
- Radio-Locator information on WRGR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WRGR
|This article about a radio station in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|