Walker George Films
Stephen Walker has directed around 14 films, and was voted in the top 10 directors in the UK in Broadcast Magazine in 2007. Sally George has directed or produced around 12 films, including The Human Face with John Cleese, which was nominated for two Emmy awards.
Two of their documentaries have followed the life of Alex Stobbs, who suffers from cystic fibrosis. The first, A Boy Called Alex, was broadcast in 2008, and the second, Alex: A Passion for Life (2009), followed Alex's first year as a chorister at King's College, Cambridge as he prepared to conduct Bach's St Matthew Passion in April 2009.
The company's first film, Young @ Heart, was released in April 2008 and documents the Young at Heart Chorus as they deal with deteriorating health but perform music that might be unexpected for their age. The film has won numerous awards, including “Best International Feature” at the Los Angeles Film Festival 2007.
- "Walker George Films | BFI". ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Stephen Walker - IMDb". imdb.com. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Hot 100: Directors | News | Broadcast". broadcastnow.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Sally George - IMDb". imdb.com. Retrieved 2016-06-14.
- "Young@Heart (2008) | Documentaries". walkergeorgefilms.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-06-14.