Walter Price (artist)
|Education||Middle Georgia College |
The Art Institute of Washington
Price's artistic practice often involves materials beyond acrylic or vinyl paint, as he incorporates fabric and photographs into his works. The paintings, often on wood panel, embody compositions that blur the line between abstraction and figuration.
- 2019 - 2019 Whitney Biennial - Whitney Museum of American Art - curated by Rujeko Hockley and Jane Panetta
- 2019 - 'Techniques of the Observer’, Greene Naftali, New York, NY
- 2018 - 'FRONT International: Cleveland Triennial for Contemporary Art’, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2017 - ‘Fictions’, The Studio Museum Harlem, New York, NY
- 2017 - ‘99 Cents or Less’, Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit, Detroit, MI
- 2017 - ‘Mondialité (curated by Hans Ulrich Obrist and Asad Raza)’, Boghossian Foundation – Villa Empain, Brussels
- 2016 - ‘No Free Tax Art Month’, 247365, New York, NY
- 2016 - ‘Hill of Munch’, Rachel Uffner Gallery, New York, NY
- 2013 - ‘Full Spectrum’, Harriet Tubman Museum, Macon, GA
- 2018 - MoMA PS1, Queens, New York
- 2018 - Kölnischer Kunstverein, Cologne, Germany, Pearl Lines
- 2018 - The Modern Institute, Glasgow, United Kingdom, Pearl Lines
- 2017 - LUMA Foundation, Zurich, 89Plus: Americans 2017
- 2016 - Karma, New York, Pearl Lines
- 2016 - The Modern Institute, Glasgow, United Kingdom, Walter Price
- 2016 - Crystal Black, Karma, New York
- "Walter Price - Bio". Karma Karma.
- "Walter Price". The Museum of Modern Art. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Walter Price - Florine - 2017". Whitney.Org.
- "Whitney Biennial 2019". whitney.org.
- "About Walter Price - The Modern Institute". www.themoderninstitute.com. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Walter Price at The Modern Institute". art viewer.
- Walter Price Crystal Black ARTBOOK | D.A.P. 2017 Catalog Karma, New York Books Exhibition Catalogues 9781942607472.
|This article about an artist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|