Wards of Faerie
|Series||The Dark Legacy of Shannara|
|Publisher||Del Rey Books|
|August 21, 2012|
|Media type||Print, audiobook, e-book|
|Followed by||Bloodfire Quest|
Wards of Faerie is a fantasy novel by American writer Terry Brooks. Published in 2012, it is the first part of The Dark Legacy of Shannara trilogy. The book was released on August 21, 2012 through Del Rey Books. Set a century after Straken, it chronicles the attempts of Ard Rhys of Paranor Khyber Elessedil as she tries to recover the lost Elfstones.
Blurb: The story takes place in the Four Lands, 100 years after the previous trilogy. People have grown ever increasingly distrustful of magic and its wielders, ever since the Third Council of Druids. The potential to once again find the lost Elfstones of Faerie could change that for the better, assuming that the Ard Rhys survives the attempt.
Critical reception has been mostly positive, with RT Book Reviews giving Wards of Faerie four stars. Kirkus Reviews and Publishers Weekly also gave positive reviews, with Publishers Weekly praising the audiobook's narration.
- "Review: Wards of Faerie". Library Journal (Book Verdict). Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Speakman, Shawn. "New Release Interview: Wards of Faerie by Terry Brooks". Suvudu. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Ayers, Jeff. "Review: 'Wards of Faerie' will charm fantasy fans". Yahoo. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Review: Wards of Faerie". RT Book Reviews. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Review: Wards of Faerie". Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Audio Review: Wards of Faerie". Publisher Review:. Retrieved 3 June 2013.