This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Nde Ndifonka|
|Also known as||Wax Dey|
|Born||May 9, 1985|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Entrepreneur, Activist|
|Associated acts||Yemi Alade, Banky W, Mr. Leo|
Nde Ndifonka (born stage name Wax Dey, is a Cameroonian singer, songwriter, entrepreneur and social activist. He won Best Male Artist in Central Africa at the 2016 All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA). He owns a record label called Calabash Music. In December 2015, he released the Yemi Alade-assisted "Saka Makossa". It translates to Dance Makossa and pays tribute to the music genre Makossa.May 9, 1985), popularly known by his
Early life and beginnings
Nde Ndifonka was born in Bamenda and is from the Northwest Region of Cameroon. He was inspired to get into music when his father brought home a VHS cassette. He started listening to Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson and others. He did his secondary school studies at the Sacred Heart College in Bamenda were was singing with the school choir and also took part in songs competitions, all this help him to find a place in music. He later graduated from the University of Buea after studying law.
He began his professional career in 2008 with the released of African Soul with records such as butterfly. In 2006 Richard Nwamba described him as a new found young talent to walk in the shoes of Richard Buna He released his debut solo album in 2016 title (360 degrees) featuring artist such as Banky W,Yemi Alade and host of others. In 2012, he earn 3 nomination for the Cameroon Entertainment Award as best artist and when speaking with Sheer publishing he said
It feels really good to get such recognition only a couple of years after I took up music fulltime. I've been doing a lot of things career-wise, and even when it came to music, I've always been behind the scenes...
- "I Don See My Wife" (2013) (with Dontom)
- "Makossa" (with Yemi Alade)
- "Number One Girl"
- "Kiss of the Death"
Awards and recognition
|2016||All Africa Music Award (AFRIMA) in Lagos,Nigeria||Best Male artist||Himself (Best Male Artist in Central Africa||Won|
|2012||The Cameroon Entertainment Awards (CEA)||Best artist||Himself||Nominated|
- "camer24.de - Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! - Informationen zum Thema camer24". camer24.de.
- "Cameroon-Info.Net:: Cameroun - Musique: Wax Dey, meilleure collaboration aux All African Music Awards 2014". www.cameroon-info.net.
- "Wax Dey named Best Male Artist in Central Africa at The AFRIMA 2016! - Sheer Publishing".
- [dead link]
- "Wax dey feat Yemi Alade Saka Makossa". cameroonvoice. 12 November 2015. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- "African Dream: Wax, aka Nde Ndifonka". upstation. 21 May 2009. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "African Dream: Wax, aka Nde Ndifonka". Up Station Mountain Club.
- link, Get; Facebook; Twitter; Pinterest; Email; Apps, Other. "Reasons why you should grab Wax Dey's new album; 360 Degrees!".
- "Wax Dey, 360 Degrees Album out". www.cameroonweb.com.
- "WAX DEY gets three nominations for Cameroon Entertainment Awards - Sheer Publishing".
- "WAX DEY appointed United Nations LuquLuqu Ambassador alongside 2Baba, StoneBwoy and Goliath". www.cameroonvoice.com.
- Kiki, Bandy (23 November 2017). "Cameroonian singer and entrepreneur WAX DEY appointed United Nations LuquLuqu Ambassador".