Wayne County High School (Georgia)
|Wayne County High School|
|1 Jacket Drive
Jesup, Georgia 31545
|School type||Public, secondary|
|Motto||“We are Wayne County”|
|School district||Wayne County School District|
|Color(s)||Gold and white|
|Rivals||Glynn Academy, Appling County|
|Website||Wayne County High School|
Wayne County High School is located in Jesup, Georgia, United States. It is the only public high school in Wayne County. This location replaced the original Wayne County High School on Orange Street, and was completed in 2002. However, all sporting events (except basketball and tennis) are held at the original campus.
Wayne County's mascot is the Yellow Jacket. Sports offered include:
Clubs offered include:
- Student Council
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math club)
The school's fight song is sung to the tune of the "Washington and Lee Swing".
We honor thee for all you've done to help us great and small. We stand erect with heads unbowed to ever heed thy call. Honor the gold and the white: hold them high! Cling to the things that are right, Wayne County High! Cherish the memories of days that were bright, and forget every cloud in the sky, Hail to Wayne County High!
- Barret Browning - former professional baseball player
- Len Hauss - former NFL football player
- Tre' Jackson - current NFL football player
- T. Y. McGill - current NFL football player
- Lindsay Scott - former NFL football player
- John Warren - former NFL football player
|This school-related article concerning the U.S. state of Georgia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|