Weights and Measures Act
Notable acts of this type include:
- Various Weights and Measures Acts of the United Kingdom or the various legislative acts preceding them in England, Wales and Scotland
- R.S. 1985 c. W-6, the Canadian Weights and Measures Act, in Canada
- Act №XXXI of 1871, the Act to Regulate the Weights and Measures of Capacity of British India
- Act №8 of 1936, the Irish Weights and Measures Act
- The Weights and Measures Act 1972, in Malaysia
The Weights and Measures Acts may refer to:
- The Weights and Measures Acts of the United Kingdom, particularly the Weights and Measures Acts of 1878 to 1893
- The Weights and Measures Acts of Ireland, from 1878 to 1936
- The Weights and Measures Acts of India, from 1871 to 1889
Weights and measures acts may also refer to similar legislation in other countries.
In the United States, the National Conference on Weights and Measures functions as a regular meeting of the states and maintains several handbooks which are available at the website of the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Most of the states have enacted these handbooks into law.
- Lyon, Andrew (1873), Law of India, pp. 762–765, retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Weights and Measures Act, 1936". irishstatutebook.ie. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- THE SESSIONAL PAPERS PRINTED BY ORDER OF THE HOUSE OF LORDS, OR PRESENTED BY ROYAL COMMAND, IN THE SESSION 1897. 1897. p. 239. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Weights and Measures". National Institute of Standards and Technology. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Summary of State Laws and Regulations in Weights and Measures" (PDF). National Institute of Standards and Technology. 1 August 2005. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.