The Welsh 3000s are the 15 mountains in Wales that have a height of 3,000 feet (914.4 m) or more. Geographically they fall within three ranges, all sufficiently close to make it possible to reach all 15 summits within 24 hours, a challenge known as the Welsh 3000s challenge. All 15 are classed as Furths by the Scottish Mountaineering Club, meeting the criteria for a Scottish Munro, and are on the official list of SMC Furths.
The length of this challenge (from the first peak to the last) is about 26 miles (42 km), but including the walk to and from any start point, this will total some 30 miles (48 km). Most people undertaking the challenge walk it, and many achieve it in much less than 24 hours. The record for the challenge (from first peak to last) stands at 4 hours 19 minutes, by Colin Donnelly in 1988 5 August 1989 a ladies record was set by Angela Carson in a time of 5 hours 28 minutes and 21 seconds. On 17/18 June 1978 John Wagstaff of West Bromwich Mountaineering Club completed a triple crossing in 22 hours 49 minutes, a feat which had yet to be repeated.
The walk is also known as "The 14 Peaks": Carnedd Gwenllian (or "Garnedd Uchaf") is not always included, as it has the least relative height, being little more than a bump on the ridge rather than a separate summit in its own right. Many people choose to make the small diversion to include it on their traverse. There is also an option to include a sixteenth top, Castell y Gwynt in the Glyder range, which has been reclassified as a Nuttall since a survey in 2007.
The Snowdonia Society maintains a public database of persons visiting the 14 peaks in a single journey.
- Snowdon/Yr Wyddfa = 3559 ft (1,085 m)
- Garnedd Ugain/Crib y Ddysgl = 3494 ft (1,065 m)
- Crib Goch = 3028 ft (923 m)
- Elidir Fawr = 3031 ft (924 m)
- Y Garn = 3106 ft (947 m)
- Glyder Fawr = 3284 ft (1,001 m)
- Castell y Gwynt = 3188 ft (972m) — if included
- Glyder Fach = 3261 ft (994 m)
- Tryfan = 3011 ft (918 m)
- Pen yr Ole Wen = 3208 ft (978 m)
- Carnedd Dafydd = 3425 ft (1,044 m)
- Carnedd Llewelyn = 3490 ft (1,064 m)
- Yr Elen = 3156 ft (962 m)
- Foel Grach = 3202 ft (976 m)
- Carnedd Gwenllian = 3038 ft (926 m) — if included
- Foel-fras = 3090 ft (942 m)