|Born||Wentworth Francis Sheilds
April 2, 1867
|Died||September 13, 1944
|Spouse(s)||Annie Carpenter (1902-1927)|
|Parent(s)||Francis Webb Sheilds, Adelaide Baker|
|Relatives||William Boyd Carpenter (father-in-law)|
He was born in 1867 and educated at St Paul's School in London and London University. Ordained in 1899, he began his ordained ministry with curacies at St John the Baptist's Plumstead and St George's, Bloomsbury, England.
Shortly after his marriage in April 1902, he sailed to Australia where he was initially Precentor of St Saviour's Cathedral, Goulburn and then Archdeacon of Wagga-Wagga. Later he was Warden of Bishop's College, Goulburn and then, later, the second Bishop of Armidale, a post he held for 13 years (1916-1929).
- "Family Notices". The Sydney Morning Herald (27,860). 21 April 1927. p. 10 – via National Library of Australia.
- Lamb, Paul (1993). Wentworth Francis Wentworth-Sheilds, Bishop of Armidale, 1916-1929. Armidale Diocesan Council. ISBN 978-0-646-13916-6.
- Who was Who 1897–1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 071363457X
- Ordinations. Rochester The Times Tuesday, Dec 26, 1899; pg. 5; Issue 36022; col D
- "BISHOP OF ARMIDALE". The Sydney Morning Herald. National Library of Australia. 23 September 1916. p. 20.
- The former Diocese of Grafton and Armidale was split in 1914: Crockford's Clerical Directory 1975/76 Lambeth, Church House, 1975 ISN 0108153674
- "Family Record". Burke's Peerage and Gentry. Archived from the original on February 27, 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "PERSONAL". Kalgoorlie Miner. National Library of Australia. 14 September 1944. p. 2.
- The Times, Thursday, Sep 14, 1944; pg. 7; Issue 49957/2; col E Dr. W. F. Wentworthsheilds Former Bishop Of Armidale
- "FORMER BISHOP OF ARMIDALE DIES". The Sydney Morning Herald. National Library of Australia. 14 September 1944. p. 3.
- "Court News". The Times (36733). London. 4 April 1902. p. 7.
- Cable, K. J. "Wentworth-Shields, Wentworth Francis (1867–1944)" (published in hardcopy 1990). Australian Dictionary of Biography, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:
|Anglican Communion titles|
Henry Edward Cooper
|Bishop of Armidale
John Stoward Moyes
|This article about an individual Australian Anglican bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|