|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 51st district
January 7, 2013
|Preceded by||Courtney Combs|
March 14, 1984 |
Hamilton, Ohio, U.S.
|Residence||Hamilton, Ohio, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Talawanda High School|
Wes Retherford (born March 14, 1984) is a member of the Ohio House of Representatives. He represents the 51st district which comprises Ross Township, Hamilton and Fairfield, all located in Butler County, Ohio.
Life and career
Currently, Retherford is employed as a mortician’s assistant. He lives in Hamilton, Ohio with his wife and two children.
Ohio House of Representatives
In 2012, Retherford opted to run for an open seat in the Ohio House of Representatives to succeed Courtney Combs who was term limited. Unopposed in the Republican primary, he went on to defeat Democrat Mark Hardig in the general election with 56.66% of the vote.
In January 2013, Retherford announced that he had been assigned to the following House Standing Committees: Insurance, Agriculture and Natural Resources, and Military and Veteran Affairs.
He was also elected by his peers to serve as the Vice-Chairman of the bipartisan House Veteran's Caucus.
Retherford is seeking re-election for his 51st Ohio House District seat against former Butler County Commissioner and former state representative Greg Jolivette and former Fairfield school board member Arnold Engel. 
- "Two new faces seek election to Ohio House 51st District". Journal-News. Oct 21, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- "Butler County GOP retains state representative seats". Journal-News. Nov 7, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-28.
- "Primary match-ups more clear after filing deadline". Journal-News. Feb 5, 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- Retherford for State Representative campaign site
- State Representative Wes Retherford Ohio House Website
|This article about a member of the Ohio House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|