West Hills (Box Elder County, Utah)
West Hills (Box Elder County) in the State of Utah
|Peak||Limekiln Knoll ((northwest)-West Hills)|
|Elevation||6,660 ft (2,030 m)|
|Length||20 mi (32 km) NNW x SSE|
|Width||13 mi (21 km) (variable)|
|Region||(northeast)-Great Basin Desert|
|Cities||Blue Creek and Portage|
|Borders on||Samaria Mountains-(Idaho)-N
Malad River (Idaho-Utah)-E
Salt Creek Wildlife
(connected)-Blue Spring Hills-S & SW
Blue Creek Valley-W
The West Hills are a 20-mile long (32 km) mountain range located in northeast Box Elder County, Utah, United States. The range is connected to the Samaria Mountains, a small range on the north in southern Idaho. The West Hills are also connected to another section on the southwest, the Blue Spring Hills. West of the Blue Spring and West Hills is a long north-south valley, the Blue Creek Valley.
The West Hills are slightly northwest trending. The peak elevations are from 5000-6000+ feet, with the highpoint of the range in the extreme northwest, Limekiln Knoll, 6,660 feet (2,030 m), near the Idaho border and the Samaria Mountains.
- MyTopo Maps - West Hills, Box Elder County, UT, United States (Map). Trimble Navigation, Ltd. Retrieved 19 Dec 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: West Hills (Box Elder County, Utah)
- Utah, DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer, p. 11.
- MyTopo Maps - Limekiln Knoll, Box Elder County, UT, United States (Map). Trimble Navigation, Ltd. Retrieved 19 Dec 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Limekiln Knoll
- Media related to West Hills (Box Elder County, Utah) at Wikimedia Commons
- Limekiln Knoll, mountainzone.com (coordinates)
|This article about a location in Utah is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|