West Seneca East Senior High School
|West Seneca East Senior High School|
|4760 Seneca Street
West Seneca, New York 14224
|School district||West Seneca Central School District|
|Color(s)||Green and yellow|
West Seneca East Senior High is a public, co-educational high school in the West Seneca Central School District and serves grades nine through twelve. It is accredited by the New York State Board of Regents.
In the 2005-2006 school year, there were 1088 students enrolled in the high school. The average class size is 20 students with a total of 73 teachers.
52% of students graduating in the 2005-2006 school year, 53% went on to a four-year college, 38% went on to a two-year college, 2% went to another post secondary school, 1% went to the military and 4% went on to employment.
West Seneca East Senior High opened in September 1969. The need for a new senior high was paramount due to the use of split sessions - one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- Jordan Buckley - guitarist of hardcore band Every Time I Die
- Keith Buckley - lead singer of hardcore band Every Time I Die
- Wilson Greatbatch - engineer and inventor; held more than 350 patents; member of the National Inventors Hall of Fame; recipient of the Lemelson–MIT Prize; his most notable invention is the pacemaker
- Robby Takac - bassist for the Goo Goo Dolls
- Mike Terrana - drummer in Europe; recorded with 31 artists on 52 discs; most recently toured with Masterplan and Tarja Turunen
- The New York State Department of Education and The Grow Network/McGraw-Hill. "West Seneca East Senior High School Accountability and Overview Report". Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- The New York State Department of Education and The Grow Network/McGraw-Hill. "West Seneca East Senior High School Comprehensive Information Report". Retrieved 2007-12-23.