Westsyde is a residential neighbourhood in the city of Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada. It is located along the west bank of the North Thompson River. The 2001 Canadian Census put the population of Westsyde at 7797.
- Westsyde Secondary School
- David Thompson Elementary School
- Arthur Stevenson Elementary School
- Oak Hills Elementary School
- Westsyde Elementary School (inoperative)
- Westmount Elementary School
- Westsyde Centennial Park - at the end of Franklin Road
The park has a fenced dog park area attached. It is an off-leash area located on the NE side of the dyke only.
- Little Farmer's Petting Zoo & Exotic Birds
- North Thompson Oxbows Jensen Island Provincial Park
- Westsyde Dayz (ended) This event was hosted by the volunteer group Westsyde Community Development Society (WCDS) and although it was a well attended and fun event the society could not find enough volunteers and sponsors to continue the event. The society (WCDS) does host many other events throughout the year including dances, small business & craft fairs, and team events)
- Halloween Fireworks - Set off annually from "Turtle Hump" on the 31st of October (Paid for by donations)
- Golf Dunes at Westsyde
- Swimming - Westsyde Pool
25m 6 lane pool, diving board hot tub and water slide climbing wall, tarzan rope weight room, (Sauna and steam rooms - coming Aug 2011) Equipped with care aide/family change room and baby change tables. Approx. 1,000 sq. ft. activity room available to rent.
- Hiking/Fishing - Access to the Lac Du Bois Grasslands Park and Deep Lake (parking at Westsyde Shopping Centre and trail access from off of Ida Lane)
|This article about a location in the Interior of British Columbia, Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|