Wet floor effect
|This article does not cite any references (sources). (September 2007)|
Wet floor effect is a graphic effects technique popular in conjunction Web 2.0 style pages, particularly in logos. The effect can be done manually or an auxiliary tool can be installed to create the effect automatically. Unlike a standard "reflection" (and the Java "water" effect popular in first-generation web graphics), the wet floor effect involves a gradient and often a slant in the reflection, so that the mirrored image appears to be hovering over or resting on a "wet floor".
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (February 2013)|
- Wet Floor Maker Online tool that generates 3-D wet floor effects
- Twinsparc Article in which the term is coined. Also provides a Photoshop tool to create a wet floor effect automatically.
- How to create a wet floor effect Instructions and plugin for Paint.NET.
- 8 Web Design Clichés of 2006 Mentions wet floor effect rather notably.
- Glossy BRDF based wet floor effect Attempt to make the effect more realistic.
- Online wet floor effect generator
- Wet floor effect plugin for Textpattern
|This computer graphics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|