What does not kill me makes me stronger
What does not kill me makes me stronger (German Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker) is a aphorism from the "Maxims and Arrows" section of Friedrich Nietzsche's Twilight of the Idols (1888).
It is quoted or alluded to by many other works, with minor variants in wording:
- What Doesn't Kill You (film), a 2008 American crime drama by Brian Goodman
- If It Don't Kill You, It Just Makes You Stronger, 1989 album by Bruce Willis
- What Doesn't Kill You... (Candiria album), 2004
- Ono što te ne ubije, to te osakati 'The thing that does not kill you, makes you stultified', 2004 album by Goribor
- What Doesn't Kill You... (Blue Cheer album), 2007
- What Doesn't Kill Us, 2008 album by What Made Milwaukee Famous
- What Doesn't Kill Me... (Ektomorf album), 2009
- What Doesn't Kill Me... (Young Sid album), 2010 album by Young Sid
- What Doesn't Kill You, Eventually Kills You, a 2011 album by Gay for Johnny Depp
- Stronger (Kanye West song), 2007 song starting "...that that don't kill me / can only make me stronger"
- What Doesn't Kill You, song by Takida, 2009 on the album ...Make You Breathe
- Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You), 2011 song by Kelly Clarkson, originally titled "What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)")
- What Doesn't Kill You (Jake Bugg song), 2013, by Jake Bugg
- What Doesn't Kill You, a 2012 spy novel by Iris Johansen
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title What does not kill me makes me stronger.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.