White Rabbit Gallery
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The White Rabbit Gallery is an art museum in Sydney, Australia, which exhibits selections from the White Rabbit Collection of 21st-century Chinese contemporary art. The Collection, one of the largest of its kind in the world, is owned by Judith Neilson. The gallery was established by Judith and Kerr Neilson to share the Collection with the public. It is located at 30 Balfour Street, Chippendale, near Sydney Central Station and Central Park, Sydney, in a renovated former warehouse and Rolls-Royce service depot. The gallery can accommodate only a small part of the White Rabbit Collection, which contains more than 1000 works by several hundred artists, including artists from Taiwan. The gallery holds two exhibitions a year, for which the entrance level and three upper floors are entirely re-hung. A tea house on the ground floor serves teas from China and Taiwan. The White Rabbit Gallery is a registered charitable institution wholly funded by the philanthropic Neilson Foundation. Admission is free.
- "Judith in Wonderland: White Rabbit a treasure trove of modern Chinese art". The Guardian Australia. 13 August 2013. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- "Judith Neilson: Private passions made public". The Australian. 21 August 2010. Retrieved 15 March 2012.
- "Powerhouse Museum". Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- "The Reformation of Chinese art at White Rabbit Gallery, Sydney". Blouin ArtInfo. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Chasing the White Rabbit". Broadsheet. 13 January 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- Official website
- Current exhibition
- Wee, Gillian (6 November 2013). "Haven for Chinese Dissident Art in Sydney". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- ABC-TV, Australia (15 March 2014). "Reformation: Chinese contemporary art on show in Sydney". ABC. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- "What’s mine is yours, say wealthy collectors". Sydney Morning Herald. 31 July 2009. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
Media related to White Rabbit Gallery at Wikimedia Commons