Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/La Dame aux camélias
La Dame aux camélias[sic: French capitalization rules]
Voting period is over. Please don't add any new votes. Voting period ends on 2 Feb 2013 at 07:17:58 (UTC)
- A fine example of Mucha's Art Nouveau style, advertising a notable play, in a performance by one of its most popular interpreters. Adam Cuerden (talk) 17:22, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- Articles in which this image appears
- The Lady of the Camellias (why is the name of this page in English?), List of works by Alphonse Mucha.
Like the recent Indian rope trick nom, its shape - very tall for its width- makes this somewhat harder to use in articles, hence the smaller list.
- FP category for this image
- Alfons Mucha, restored by Adam Cuerden
- Support as nominator --Adam Cuerden (talk) 07:17, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- Neutral Please add a reason for nominating. If nothing else it's helpful to be able to get an idea of what the nominator sees in the image that makes it worthy of becoming an FP. It may be just the poster but the focus seems very soft. I'm impressed that it's such a large image and seems to be in good shape though. Cat-fivetc ---- 16:55, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- I don't think it's soft focus so much as it's just lighter-colour ink than normal: we generally see dark blacks on this sort of thing as a sign the poster's in focus, but that doesn't work when that's not the intent of the artist, and you get an optical illusion. (Also, the stars are reflective silver ink, which can't be perfectly reproduced digitally) Adam Cuerden (talk) 17:22, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support I tried some sharpening, looks better now IMO. Brandmeistertalk 12:40, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support captures, I think, the spirit of the original very well. (Looks surprisingly pleasant at full resolution, too.) Thus the EV is strong because it communicates the artistic values of the work. Grandiose (me, talk, contribs) 19:45, 29 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support good quality image, good illustration for the article. --Pine✉ 20:27, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- Support - EV is really good, image has a great resolution. --LlamaAl (talk) 20:19, 1 February 2013 (UTC)