Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Pythagoras similar triangles proof simplified
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Voting period is over. Please don't add any new votes. Voting period ends on 7 Jul 2012 at 15:30:25 (UTC)
- This is a renomanation. The original is located at Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Pythagoras similar triangles proof. I beleive that most of the issues arising in that nomination have been addressed.
- Articles in which this image appears
- Pythagorean theorem
- FP category for this image
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures/Diagrams, drawings, and maps/Diagrams
- Support as nominator --Gauravjuvekar (talk) 15:30, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- Support as I did last time, but now it is better.--GoPTCN 15:34, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- 'Addressed Issues
- JJ Harrison's issue of mixing notations.
- Blieusong's issue of using sans-serif fonts.
- Inconsistencies by using arrows only on 'c'.
- Inconsistencies in file_desc and article.
- I believe that these issues have been resolved however, the illustration is now even more simpler.--Gauravjuvekar (talk) 15:40, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- Support as earlier. Jkadavoor (talk) 06:41, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- Support Pine✉ 09:06, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
- Support Simple is better imo. JJ Harrison (talk) 23:33, 2 July 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose as before. Sorry Gauravjuvekar and guys but nothing substancial has changed from the last nomination. Yes, it is a correct illustration but lacks the magic or sophistication we should expect from a FP. -- Alvesgaspar (talk) 23:06, 5 July 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose per Alvesgaspar and Purpy Pupple's concerns in previous nom. Lacks EV because the image doesn't actually prove anything. It's just a visual aid for the proof, and not a particularly compelling one at that. I certainly wouldn't place it "among Wikipedia's best work." Makeemlighter (talk) 02:04, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose per Alvesgaspar and Makeemlighter. --Avenue (talk) 08:57, 6 July 2012 (UTC)