How to be involved
Learn how to use Wikipedia
- Learn online, also we will be running regular How to edit Wikipedia sessions in near future Monmouth with the help of very experienced Wikipedians.
- Translate: if you speak another language fluently then please translate so more people can read the articles.
- Experienced Wikipedians can help new users online or help at one of our drop in sessions
Spread the word
- Tell people you think might be interested, the more contributors and users the better.
- We are giving away free glass stickers with QRpedia codes to give information on the history of your profession and goods and show photos of what your shop looked like in the past.
Getting Started on Wikipedia
Adopt a User
The Adopt-a-user program is a program designed to help new and inexperienced users. Experienced Wikipedians (or adopters in this instance) can adopt newer users, mentoring them along the way as they learn about Wikipedia and its various aspects. It is hoped that this program will be able to inform new users about the ins and outs of Wikipedia and steer them away from making less-than-constructive edits or misplaced test edits. There are currently over 900 users involved in the program, and, like other Wikipedia areas, it continues to expand.