The following is a list of users who have volunteered to act as mentors to Good article reviewers. New reviewers are strongly encouraged to contact one of the editors below on their user talk page for assistance and advice on using the Good article nominations process, applying the Good article criteria, and producing a good review. All reviewers are welcome to contact mentors for advice on individual issues.
Mentors often specialize in reviewing articles within a particular area. They also may have expertise in a particular aspect of the Good article process. This is indicated after their user names below. If you wish to mentor new reviewers please add your name to the list. Add name
- Nehrams2020 (talk · contribs) – Can assist with issues concerning images, inline citations/references, GA sweeps, and GA nominations general questions. A list of the reviews I have performed can be seen at my GA subpage.
- bibliomaniac15 (talk · contribs) – Mostly experienced with CVG and organism GAs, but I'm pretty sure I can handle image, citation, and general questions about GAN.
- Yamanbaiia (talk · contribs) – Manual of Style enthusiast.
- Juliancolton (talk · contribs) – I can help with pretty much anything related to the GA process.
- OhanaUnited (talk · contribs) – Sweeps, references, weasel words, and jargon words
- Ceranthor (talk · contribs) – I'll do anything, as long as it is geography, animals, science, etc.
- Majoreditor (talk · contribs) – I am happy to help with most any type of review.
- Sanguis Sanies (talk · contribs) – Anything Film and Television related, I'll take stab at anything else: the two GA articles I helped were both Law related.
- Mm40 (talk · contribs) – Quality of prose and reference formatting are strong points in my reviews. History, arts, or sports related articles, see here for my reviews.
- Nikkimaria (talk · contribs) – anything not pop culture or sports is probably fair game for me.
- Arsenikk (talk · contribs) – Transport (my field of excellence), video games, economics, business, politics, government, geography, places and engineering; I'm better at content, referencing, images, aesthetics and MOS than prose.
- Jezhotwells (talk · contribs) – Art, Architecture, Theatre, Film, most topics really, but I tend to avoid American sports, TV shows and contemporary pop music.
- Aircorn (talk · contribs) Willing to help out in most topics.
- Dom497 (talk · contribs) I can help with just about everything.
- Hahc21 (talk · contribs) – I love to help, mostly on inline citations, referencing and original research. Mainly on music and video game related articles.
- Yash! (talk · contribs) – I have reviewed around 80 nominations and helped promote 11 articles to good article status. Feel free to talk to me about anything.
- Ritchie333 (talk · contribs) - I've improved 30 articles to Good article status and reviewed over 60. I'm particularly keen on music, albums and places/geography articles.
|Threads older than 90 days may be archived.
An individual resassessment was initiated by FutureTrillionaire in March 2015 but is still unresolved, despite the user being reminded about it four months ago. Not sure what the procedure is here, but FWIW I think it should be delisted, the lead does not adequately summarise the article and there are numerous statements throughout that lack citations. PC78 (talk) 00:14, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
- PC78, thanks for pointing this out. FutureTrillionaire, I see you are editing on Wikipedia recently. It's time to close the reassessment you started at Talk:Gladiator (2000 film)/GA1. Thanks for taking care of this. The decision to delist is yours, but notice how many support your proposal. If you need assistance, PC78 will probably help you. PC78, if he ignores his duty, please do step in. It would also be great if someone could bring the article back to GA. Best, —Prhartcom♥ 02:36, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
On July 30, a reviewer declared their intent to review this article (which I nominated for GA). However, they do not seem to have started yet, although I have contacted them twice whether they were still intending to review it (no response). They've also been rather inactive lately. Anyways, I'm seeking advice on how to deal with this particular situation. I hope to get this done before the end of the month. Thanks, GABgab 15:52, 15 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hi GeneralizationsAreBad, I put it back into the pool with the same seniority it had before. It seems like the reviewer is only active once a week, and was last active 6 days ago, so hopefully they get back to you tomorrow. Regardless, it's been a while to wait, and perhaps someone will be able to complete the review sooner for you. If not, there's nothing stopping the previous reviewer from taking it on again and doing the review if they're ready again. Hope that helps! Wugapodes [thɔk] [ˈkan.ˌʧɻɪbz] 04:46, 16 August 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you! GABgab 19:26, 16 August 2016 (UTC)
GA icon doesn't appear on the article page
The article Count On Me (Bruno Mars song) was recently passed as GA, however, a GA icon was not added. The reviewer forgot to change some parameters so I (nominator) did it for him. Nevertheless, the "plus symbol" still doesn't appear. Can someone add it manually. I have seen this done here, therefore I would like for someone to add it. Thank You.
Kind Regards, MarioSoulTruthFan (talk) 20:10, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- @MarioSoulTruthFan: I added it for you. Carbrera (talk) 23:08, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Carbrera: How do you do that? Thank you in advance, MarioSoulTruthFan (talk) 23:09, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
- @MarioSoulTruthFan: Just a teeny tiny template:  Carbrera (talk) 23:11, 9 September 2016 (UTC)
I recently approved this article for GA status: Taylor–Burton Diamond. However, it had failed a previous nomination. Should I have remove the FailedGA tag? Also, presumably related to this, the nominator received an automatic message on their talk page telling them they had failed. I have notified them otherwise, but am now concerned that bots may have misinterpreted the result. Thanks. --♫CheChe♫ talk 14:54, 20 October 2016 (UTC)