Wikipedia:Meetup/Boston/Latino Americans: 500 Years of History Editathon at UMass Lowell
Join the UMass Lowell Library for our Latino Americans: 500 Years of History Edit-a-thon!
When: Saturday, March 28, 2015, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Where: UMass Lowell O'Leary Library on South Campus, Room 140, 61 Wilder St. Lowell, MA 01854
Focus: Latino American people, places, and events!
Snacks? Yes! Snacks in the morning and pizza for lunch.
You do not need to be an experienced Wikipedia editor in order to attend, just bring a willingness to learn. We will provide training on how to find resources, how to edit entries, and how to add your personal photos to Wikipedia entries.
This is our final event in our Latino Americans: 500 Years of History series this winter. We will be editing entries related to the documentary series.
Feel free to bring your own laptop and power supply. Computers will be available for those who don't have their own laptop.
10:00- 11:30am: breakfast served
11:30am: lunch served
1:00pm: Wrap-up and thank yous
- What to Bring: Attendees should bring their own laptops and power cords. Bring any personal photos or sources you think may be helpful.
- Contact the organizer: If you have questions ahead of time, contact email@example.com or. For directions and help finding the building on the day of, call
- Registration and more information;" http://uml.beta.libguides.com/la500editathon
- Use our guide to find suggested topics: http://uml.beta.libguides.com/c.php?g=471943&p=3231023
- Use our guide for support: http://uml.beta.libguides.com/la500editathon
- GLAM Beginners Guide
- Wikipedia Tutorial
- Starting an Article
- Citation Guide
- Five Pillars of Wikipedia
- Wikipedia Cheatsheet
- Uploading Flickr Files to Wikimedia Commons
- Uploading files to Wikimedia Commons: First steps
- Formatting Shortcuts -