Wikipedia:Online maps of the United States
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Maps of the United States are available in various media.
On Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons
Several useful "starter" maps for modification:
- Image:Blank US Map with borders.svg, a blank states maps with borders.
- Image:BlankMap-USA.png, a map with no borders and states separated by transparency.
- Image:USA labelled map.svg, a map with two-letter state abbreviations.
- Image:US map - geographic.png, a geographical map.
On Wikimedia Commons, a free online media resource:
- commons:Category:Maps of the United States, the category for all maps with subcategories.
On Wikipedia itself:
- Category:Maps of the United States for maps of all varieties by subcategory.
- Category:Geography of the United States, for general articles on the topic.
Online maps and atlases of the US
- The National Atlas of the United States of America
- The National Map from the USGS
- US Census Bureau map products
- MapQuest World Atlas - United States
- Microsoft/Encarta/Expedia World Atlas with atlas for North America to street level.
- Multimap World Atlas - United States
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection - United States has an extensive online collection of scanned maps of the US.
Online historical maps and atlases of the US
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection - United States has an extensive online collection of scanned historical maps of the US, and a list of other map sites.
- Charting North America, maps and atlases in the New York Public Library Digital Collection
- Online digitized versions of many 18th- and 19th-century American atlases, as well as the 1897 Rand McNally Indexed Atlas of the World and many other maps, can be found at DavidRumsey.com.
- Hipkiss' Scanned Old Maps from Atlases and any old books with maps in them!
- Researching old maps and cartographic records at the National Archives
- NASA World Wind overlays satellite, aerial and topographic maps of the United States
- Google Earth: a visual 3D interactive atlas.
- Atlas World: a directory of atlases currently in print.
- List of official state road maps of the United States
- Scanned official transportation maps online
- Links to all state Departments of Transportation