Wikipedia:Peer review/Wonder Woman (TV series)/archive1
- A script has been used to generate a semi-automated review of the article for issues relating to grammar and house style; it can be found on the automated peer review page for March 2009.
This peer review discussion has been closed.
I've listed this article for peer review because I've been fiddling with it on and off for the last year or so and would like some feedback on getting it to GA. Obviously the episode summaries need to be filled in but what else has to happen to get the article there?
Comments by Hornoir
- For brevity, you could change "based on the DC Comics comic book character Wonder Woman" in the lead to "based on the titular DC comic book character". Hmm, on second thought maybe "titular" is the wrong word to use. (Who said there couldn't be humor in a peer review?)
- I believe it is proper to refer to "ABC" as "the American Broadcasting Company (ABC)", at least initially.
- "The success of the film led ABC to order first two more special episodes" is awkward. Consider revising to "The success of the film led ABC to order an additional two special episodes". This removes the word "first" from the sentence (the source of the awkwardness).
- "The producers took the show to CBS, which did pick up the show as a regular series." Shouldn't this be "The producers offered the show to CBS, who optioned the show as a regular series."?
- "Early attempts" section should be renamed to something like "Genesis of the series", since the primary focus of the article is the Lynda Carter series.
- "Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman" section should be renamed to "Wonder Woman (1975-1979)" to conform with the format used in the "Early attempts" section.
- Throughout I notice a distinct lack of citations; this needs to be corrected.
- The episode lists are quite long. Consider creating a separate page for them (e.g. List of Wonder Woman episodes).
- The "VHS releases" and "DVD releases" sections can be merged into a single section (e.g. VHS & DVD releases).
- The "Merchandising" section needs expansion. While I don't have my copy handy, the Les Daniels book Wonder Woman: The Complete History displays quite a bit of merchandising (if memory serves). I know for sure there were several records released with the television show theme song on them and there certainly was a huge influx of WW merchandise in the late 70s, though I'm not certain this can be directly correlated to the TV show.
Follow-up comments by Hornoir
While I still stand by my suggestions regarding the lead, based on seeing the alterations to the main body I have a few further suggestions:
- Form a new "Plot synopsis" section made out of some of the information from "Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman" section; the remainder of the "Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman" sections information can be merged into "Early attempts" under the name "Genesis of the series".
- With a "Plot synopsis" section, you will only need to list the list to the episodes page once at the top or bottom. Three links to the page is a tad excessive.
- Also don't forget to add a link to the episodes page in the infobox (by adding "|list_episodes=List of Wonder Woman episodes").