|Welcome to the Wikipedia Science Reference Desk Archives
|The page you are currently viewing is a monthly archive index. While you can leave answers for any questions shown below, please ask new questions on one of the current reference desk pages.
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 1
- Smelly puddle
- Apparent multiplying of mercury in body
- Cassette speed
- Turning a frog into a prince
- Did excess water intake leads to kidney troubles?
- What animals have adrenaline?
- High output renal failure
- SDS-PAGE and Size Exclusion Chromatography
- How is DNA an acid?
- Pulmonary artery
- alternative to chloroform
- Gas mileage
- Hedgehogs and breeding
- Spider eyes
- Another question about spider eyes
- Multiple eyes
- "Pins and Needles"
- Earth's magnetic field
- effect of sugar water
- Program to create legal and medical troubleshooting charts
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 2
- Killer strangelets
- Low-gravity humans?
- What is the Fabric named "armalith" made from (or how its made), and what are the benefits of its use?
- Acetone combustion
- Pipe - Solar Heating System - for homes
- Exercising while taking human growth hormone supplements
- analysis of acidic and basic radicals
- consultancy companies and engineering graduates
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 3
- skin disease
- Lemon peel eating rodents
- inter and intra generalation equity
- Benefits so far from LHC
- Protecting a rose petal from coffee
- Blinking light
- Gene therapy
- neuronal tracts in our body...
- asbestos pipe
- an extra star in the big dipper?!
- seawater and human skin
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 4
- the earth ; a superconductor ?
- rube goldberg machine
- Humans surviving in space
- Finding out who cited a journal article
- Where can I get heavy water?
- Lighting in photographs
- electrical coil
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 5
- Hawking's Fact or Theory ?
- Train Washing Machines
- Gauge to track relative movement
- Sifting flour
- Blood vessel cells
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 6
- How to make a flaming drink
- The wag in willy wagtail
- mental capacity
- Where does the fat from skimmed milk and low-fat yogurt or cheese go?
- Future costs of photoelectric cells?
- How small can computers get in the future?
- Helium filled football
- Limb regeneration in Humans
- Homemade Water Filtration?
- Plants with not much light
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 7
- neighbor's dog and silent whistle
- --188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:24, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
- speed/long skis and skateboards
- Video card adhesive
- Cog Railway System
- Cell cycle analysis with brdu and 7-aad
- Dog skeleton curiosity
- organic chemistry(Catenation)
- Feed back Amplifiers
- safety issues with oxiding agent
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 8
- Origin of Universe - nothing has to be somewhere- doesnt it?
- Super powers
- red wine, larger and ale.
- Clouds, aerial photos and a dead bird
- Herbivores with horns
- Butanoic acid
- General Relativity
- burning match
- Is it known whether prion is present in milk from BSE-infected cows?
- Timing of Chinese mantis ootheca hatching
- Food intended as whose primary function is food
- Black holes
- Pre Genus Species
- gold from rock
- unable to stop
- noise only teens can hear?
- Terminology question
- Gull behaviour
- Monogamy and health
- Distances in the Universe
- Intelligence as something attractive
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 9
- *Urgent Question*
- Current electricity
- Solid and Solid Shape
- Nitrogen requirement of microorganisms
- Heavy water question
- What histone modifications exist at <<DNA sequence>>?
- Disadvantage to bilingualism in evolutionary point of view
- Phasor diagrams
- Expansion Of The Universe
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 10
- Huge sandbanks!!!
- decision sequences
- Echidna name?
- why can't humans focus on two objects simultaneously like the chameleon? please also include the answer to my email - *redacted* thank you.
- semiconductor resistivity
- Computer Simulations of Black Holes
- Clock of observer at center of the earth
- How does this collet work?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 11
- Why are pollen count ratings so low?
- Chainmail vs Tasers
- Newton and the darkness of the night sky
- Water on Mars
- Electric Vehicles, Cost
- How does a circuit "know" when it is closed?
- Bone Cartilage
- Determining the Acidity of a molecule
- Male/female blood?
- Faraday cages
- what is charge?
- Erasing Bad Relationship
- Light Reflection
- Radar Site By The M27 In Hampshire England??
- Micro wave cooking
- Earth Hour
- What elements glow green?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 12
- Asexual Reproduction and Natural Selection
- Giant Fish
- Sodium Hydroxide page safety
- name for dysfunction
- Muscle stiffness, weakness and soreness
- specific gravity
- Reasoning validity of interesting excerpt...
- Bird Poop
- Star and Sun
- Protein homology dataset
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 13
- Biggest bang for the buck in health care
- What is happening when one thinks one's dreams are reality?
- Dangers of carbonated soft drinks
- Bermuda Triangle and Continental Drift Question
- Calcium Gluconate Illustration
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 14
- how was leika the space dog "supposed" to die?
- Is this true?
- What exactly happens when you say "Well hello, newly constructed neuropathway!"?
- Red deer
- Aspartate-tRNAAsn ligase
- Most probable year of peak oil
- Reading and near-sightedness
- Strawberry flavouring
- Sexual selection in humans
- Macaw - why's she so bad at walking on the floor?
- Macaw question 2
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 15
- small cities
- Picture of Blubber
- Majahapit civilisation
- Why does the sun make people happy?
- What will happen if there would be an Ebola Pandemic
- Do hands get bigger with age?
- White dove?
- Water in space
- Can positronium be liquified
- Causes of Alzheimers
- Minimum operating temperature of CMOS
- Sense of Smell
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 16
- What cant I split an atom with a pair of scissors?
- Gravity and M-Theory
- Rube Goldberg question
- Real time kinematic GPS positioning
- global warming question solved?
- Environmental Impact statement writer
- How to save worlds power crisis
- masturbation as exercise
- japanese maple grafted
- Price of oil and other products
- Precipitation (in a chemistry context)
- Family Guy Science
- Mass spectrometry
- Variation of Young's Modulus with purity of a metal
- Weird lead things
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 17
- Suns disappearance and resulting gravitational wave
- venturi flowmeters
- Limits of current-limiting diodes
- histone protein gene
- A clarification about propanone and iodine - Organic Chemistry
- Electric Potential
- Combining sleeping bags
- Are things 'turned off' really impervious to EMPs?
- Thatcher (Comet)
- What is this bird?
- Strange cloud
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 18
- At what temperature does tungsten burn?
- Watch faces radioactive?
- Industrial hygene
- Aerodynamics of human powered vehicle-land
- US military and NOTAR
- Impossible memories
- Stabilised vs non-stabilised swimming pools
- Synthesising oil
- is there any upper limit to (measure) temperature?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 19
- help with short chain fatty acids
- horned sheep
- reflection of light by mirror and conservation of momentum.
- Quantum: Determine the Force between the Electrons
- Camel and crocodile
- Size matters (but this time, not in a good way)
- The bird that migrants farthest
- Job Opportunities
- Diluting toxins
- As I was walking up the stair...
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 20
- Animals that can jump the furthest
- Why traffic lights do not have different shapes?
- Tangential and radial components of a current
- functional groups
- Do solar cells heat up your house?
- Oldest tree.
- Degrees vs. Radians
- Quantum teleportation
- Second messenger system
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 21
- Age of Earth
- Energy and momentum
- Electrodynamics application
- Cracked Walls
- eavesdropping 2G/2.5G voice calls
- Quantum devices
- Diagrams for scientific journal articles
- Rate of neutrino oscillations
- Do orbiting satellites have shadows?
- Romantic implications of garlic
- Nudity addiction
- Octopi die after reproducing - why?
- Speeding Up causes Decompression?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 22
- different times
- electrical phenomenon
- Maclean vs Maclear (OCR typos)
- "Buffer" for speech?
- What are the "doors" or entryways on a ship/boat called?
- Elephant relative
- Heat from Lights
- Breathing question, again
- Right about global warming?
- Will solar energy kill the Earth?
- Decent introductory treatment of quantum mechanics?
- How is carbon dioxide dissolved into water in pop?
- Coming to a head
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 23
- Sodium ethoxide (organic chemistry)
- Water flow in pipelines
- Consequences of helium depletion
- Reduced lung capacity and enlarged toncils symptoms
- ir absorbtion, polar vs nonpolar molecules, methane?
- Cellphones: signal strength
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 24
- any botanists here?
- Impacts, Ballistics, and Mass.
- JSTOR access
- Gecko and Spiders (Melbourne, Australia)
- Name of anticipatory effect in experiments?
- Variegation in wild pigeon populations
- Aircraft noise
- Annealing of Copper CuSn6
- Speed of Tennis
- polar molecular solids
- Insolubility of Sulphur in water.
- Heart monitors -- what do they mean?
- Fish species with edible roe
- Ion thruster in the atmosphere
- Musing over my Cider
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 25
- What's inside a snooker ball?
- IDing Tanzanian termite-raiding ant
- More Quantum Theory
- Type of spider in Spider fighting
- Cellphone signal
- NAV (Anatomy)
- What causes dark circles under the eyes?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 26
- Famciclovir or Acyclovir
- Space and time as emergent phenomena
- Science Without Numbers by Hartry H. Field or something similar?
- Osmolarity and Cells
- FUNDAMENTAL ATTRIBUTION ERROR
- Nuclear Testing on GIs
- Will they ever invent a microwave that wont freak out if I accidently leave my fork in there?
- Moment of Inertia
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 27
- Flower name
- Hampster who injured his mouth with too long teeth
- Quantum: Potential between the Electrons
- Name of material
- Cyclic carbonates ?
- Humans and ability of interactions with others
- Why is frozen milk yellow?
- Spherical coordinates
- Condition name
- A few questions on drugs
- A drug called APO 300
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 28
- Website with yellow text on a black background (and some blinking elements)...
- Virginian Tree Identification
- What will happen if scientists ever see the beginning of time?
- Day on Mercury
- Generational LEDs
- Medical explanation.
- Helium: Lewis Structure
- Aurora borealis from space?
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 29
- Relation between isospin and up and down quark content
- Carbonyl chemistry
- Matrix of structural similarity of proteins
- Unknown animal: very tiny snake-like black thing.
- Whistling teakettle
- Name of muscles on either side of the lower spine?
- Time of Unconsciousness
- Cross points on star/galaxy photographs
- Hot-tub - Spa - Water treatment options.
- Alcohol consumption causes hiccups?
- Ostrich egg in microwave
- HIF alpha expression
- Implosion bomb
- what's going on with evolution?
- nitrogen again
Wikipedia:Reference_desk/Archives/Science/2008 April 30
- Backpack helicopter
- Thermodynamic feasibility of converting creatine to phosphocreatine
- Ring finger
- Is there water in a virus
- Electrolysis of solution
- Is it statistical "insignificance" or "nonsignificance"?
- Petrol consumption
- Melting plastics
- Chemical Name
- Colours in Transition Metal Complexes
- Electron microscopes
- Is it common for doctors to be unable to dress/bandage a leg?