Wikipedia:Requests for feedback/2011 January 16
- 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navleen_Kumar
- 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Karrattul/Karuna_Ratna_Tuladhar
- 3 Woolf 'Babe' Barnato
- 4 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_George_Orlando_Lodge
- 5 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephraim_Stern
- 6 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Park12/TheFilmThatChangedMyLife
- 7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca_Leisure_Group
- 8 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGFunds
- 9 Finally Falling (Victoria Justice song)
- 10 Finally Falling (Victoria Justice song)
- 11 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Serianni/Till_Flames_Fall
This is my first attempt to make an article on Wikipedia, in past I had only edited some articles. I would love to hear back and know if this article is useful and up to the standards of Wikipedia.
- I liked your article and I think it should meet Wikipedia's standards. Of course all articles can be improved, so here are a few observations.
- I looked at the notability of your subject and your sources. Her activities before her murder are not covered in depth, so it seems most likely to consider her notable as a victim of a crime. Wikipedia:Notability (people) says that that the key guide line for victims is "persistent coverage of the event in reliable secondary sources that devote significant attention to the individual's role." I think one of your links has this but you could hilight it a bit better. Thus in describing the aftermath, you should describe the fact or not of arrests, trials, convictions or release of the accused, and any indication of a continuing investigation. (This doesn't mean you need to name accused, unconvicted people.) And any other links looking back to the murder and describing the continuing interest in it would be helpful. It would also be helpful if you had some links prior to the murder where she was featured in the news for her activities.
- You seem to have good sources, but ideally the article could be referenced to use them a bit more effectively. For example, the paragraph where people say her integrity led to her murder. At that point you need a reference to where you read that this is what people say. Look at the important facts you recite in the article and make sure they are referenced.
- Wikipedia seems to frown on Latin. Why not substitute "among other things" for "inter alia"?
- In my opinion the article is useful and well-written. I do think that any more references you can locate dealing with the "persistent coverage" aspect of the event would be helpful. Nice work IMHO. Tkotc (talk) 06:39, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
06:43, 23 February 2011 (UTC)
- Many thanks for your response, I really appreciate the in-depth and meticulous comments you have made. I have taken note of this. I am continuing to research her works and I will keep updating the page as frequently as I can.
- Even though I have been using Wikipedia for a long time, this was my first real effort in making an article, and I feel good that people read it and find it useful.
- Many thanks again, :) I look forward to hearing from you again (in other articles that I write). Bullet350 (talk
The article is about a transport pioneer who established the first regular bus service in Nepal in 1959. This company Nepal Transport Service folded in 1966, and its founder Karuna Ratna Tuladhar died in 2008. Would be grateful for any feedback.
- Fascinating article, I liked it! One useful image you could include would be a map of the cities the bus visited, so the article makes more sense to people who don't know the geography of Nepal.
- I think the article is ready to move to the main space. Let me know if you need any help (by clicking on "talk" in my signature). --Physics is all gnomes (talk) 18:25, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
Woolf 'Babe' Barnato
Hi there, this is my first-ever piece for Wikipedia.
It is a new article about the millionaire industrialist and playboy Woolf Barnato. As there is already an article entitled Woolf Barnato, I have called my article Woolf 'Babe' Barnato, which was his nickname.
It is a very detailed piece, drawn from different books and articles and my own relationship with his daughter, Diana Barnato Walker. I have checked and checked al the facts, researching individual facts exhaustively, so I believe it to be very accurate.
Can you please give me any suitable advice and also how to have it showing in search results for 'Woolf Barnato'.
Inviting review of Courtney Lodge article. Thanks
Am seeking a general feedback on this new entry. THANK YOU.
I'm trying to create a page for this book, which was recently published. Is this acceptable?
- Hi Park12. The most important thing is to show that your subject meets the guideline WP:Notability (books). In this case I think the key is to reference independent, reliable sources that discuss the book, as detailed in number 1 in the criteria section of that guideline. The article looks like a good start; I think it could be expanded a bit to discuss the critical reception of the book, and a bit more information about the books content. Good luck. --Physics is all gnomes (talk) 12:40, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
First time creator, although I have edited many articles. I have followed articles and guidelines, and am keen to be of use to the community.
I feel the article is needed as it represents the company that ran many nightclubs in the 1960s. Researching online has revealed many forums reminiscing about nights out at these venues. There appears to be some articles on wikipedia that link to other companies that were involved after the sale of the company.
- I'm a new editor/creator too so I don't want to give too much feedback but I just want to agree that this article is needed. I'm also interested to know more about how this links with Mecca bingo (if at all). I don't know if this is something you know anything about? -->Bradford rob (talk) 18:43, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
Please verify my article about MGFunds.com website, I found this site useful for the community and I hope it can be verfied. I made sure to not copy anything from their site, and asked the admin to give me permission to publicly upload their logo.
Finally Falling (Victoria Justice song)
Sorry that I posted it twice.
Finally Falling (Victoria Justice song)
This article is notable and has good sources.