Wikipedia:Requests for feedback/2011 January 2
Looking for feedback on format, citation, style, structure
- It looks pretty good. I think you have some good sources, you've chosen an appropriate citation system, and it's fairly well written. Congratulations.
- If you want detailed feedback, then I suggest talking to your friends at Wikipedia:WikiProject Dacia. WhatamIdoing (talk) 03:15, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- The second paragraph is probably a copyright violation of http://www.trichurbrothers.com/html/aboutus.html as a very close paraphrase. This is legally serious and must be changed.
- You have linked to several WP:Independent sources, but you don't seem to have used these sources. Everything seems to come from the artists' own website rather than from your reliable, independent sources.
- In addition to expanding and improving the content, you can make the article better by using links to other related articles. This is particularly useful for unfamiliar terms, because the reader can click the link to go to the related article.
- You might consider finding articles about similar artists and using a good one that as a sample or model. WhatamIdoing (talk) 03:30, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
Please edit my manga article.
- You need multiple WP:Independent sources that talk about this in detail. One webpage with a couple of sentences is not sufficient. If no one (or only one person) has written about this particular manga, then it is not WP:Notable, and the English Wikipedia does not want to have an article on it.
- Source can be in any language, not just English. WhatamIdoing (talk) 03:03, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
I have written a biography of italian silent film star Emilio Ghione, and am looking for feedback, especially regarding the bibliography and references sections.
- The article looks pretty good, and I think you're ready to WP:MOVE it to the main article namespace.
- About the references: What you've done is fine.
- If you prefer, you have the option of using shortened citations in the <ref> tags. That means that instead of saying "(Italian) Lotti, Denis (2008) Emilio Ghione, l'ultimo apache. Bologna: Edizioni della Cineteca di Bologna. Page 32." you put in only the name (perhaps date) and page number: "Lotti, page 32." Then people know to look for the full citation for "Lotti" in the ==Bibliography== section. It's entirely up to you. WhatamIdoing (talk) 03:10, 5 January 2011 (UTC)