Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/October 25
< Wikipedia:Selected anniversariesJump to navigation Jump to search
|This is an old revision of this page, as edited by PFHLai at 23:18, 25 October 2004 (restore 1415, Battle of Agincourt; 'coz there is more room on the MainPage, now that DYK is much longer). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .|
Revision as of 23:18, 25 October 2004 by PFHLai (restore 1415, Battle of Agincourt; 'coz there is more room on the MainPage, now that DYK is much longer)
- 1415 - Battle of Agincourt: Henry V of England and his lightly armored infantry and archers defeated the heavily armored French cavalry.
- 1854 - The Charge of the Light Brigade: Lord Cardigan led his cavalry to disaster in the Battle of Balaclava during the Crimean War.
- 1944 - The Battle of Leyte Gulf sealed the defeat of the Imperial Japanese Navy in the Pacific War of World War II.
- 1971 - The People's Republic of China replaced the Republic of China as China's representative in the United Nations.
- 1983 - Operation Urgent Fury: United States and Caribbean allies invaded Grenada, six days after Bernard Coard seized power in a violent coup d'état.
- 2001 - Windows XP, the latest desktop version of the Windows operating system from Microsoft, was released.