Barbara (WVS) (talk · contribs) (also edits as Bfpage) has been a Visiting Scholar at the University of Pittsburgh since 2015. Barbara contributes to a wide range of topics, often inspired by the University of Pittsburgh's collections on historical topics. In March 2017, Barbara celebrated her 10-year anniversary as a Wikipedian.
- Improved more than 1000 articles which have been viewed more than 100 million times.
- Created more than 100 new articles
- Developed high-quality health and medicine information on topics like trichomoniasis, adolescent sexuality, bacteriocin, Bifidobacterium longum, breastfeeding, feline zoonosis, gut flora, Lactobacillus paracasei, chlamydia infection, Staphylococcus aureus, miscarriage, and thrombosis prevention.
- Brought the Whiskey Rebellion article to Good Article status with content from the University of Pittsburgh archives.
- Improved content in eight different Wikipedias: English, Simple English, Kreyol Ayisen, Portuguese, Italian, German, Esperanto and French.
- Translated articles about women's health topics from English to Kreyol Ayisien and Simple English
- Over 25,000 edits as Barbara (WVS) and over 19,000 edits as Bfpage
- 182 images uploaded to Wikimedia Commons
- Created neonatal infection, uterine microbiome, and serial rapist, which were featured in the Did You Know section of Wikipedia's Main Page
- University of Pittsburgh welcomes two Visiting Scholars - Wiki Education blog (25 September 2015)
- The Wikipedia Visiting Scholar Program and Why It Works for Women - Wikimedia Diversity Conference (17 June 2016)
- UPitt Visiting Scholar is opening access to women’s health information - Wiki Education blog (28 June 2016)
- Volunteer Expands Pitt's Reach, One Wikipedia Citation at a Time - PittChronicle (22 August 2016)
- American Archives Month- Using Archives in Wikipedia - Archives Service Center @ Pitt (27 October 2016)
- Meet the nonprofit responsible for adding educational content to Wikipedia by LiAnna Davis, Wiki Education blog (5 December 2016)
- Library searches for ‘Wikipedian’ The Temple News, Temple University. (6 September 2016)
- Pitz, Marylynne, A Wikipedia Woman of Letters. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. (11 December 2016)
- Pitt Med Magazine, (Spring 2017) The University of Pittsburgh Medical School Magazine.
- CCAC to serve as a host for Northeast Regional Honors Council Conference in April Community College of Allgheny County. (8 March 2017)