This is a list of 10,000 subjects for which the English Wikipedia should ultimately have featured-class articles. It expands on Vital articles Level 3, which lists 1,000 articles. This list is in the process of being refined and prioritized on the basis of topic-by-topic discussion and voting on the talk page. Articles should not be added to or removed from this list without going through the nomination and voting process on the talk page. Everyone is welcome to participate.
This list is tailored to the English-language Wikipedia. There is also a list of ten thousand articles considered vital to Wikipedias of all languages, as well as Vital Article lists tailored to different Wikipedia languages accessible via the languages sidebar.
Because of its size, Vital articles Level 4 has been split into eleven sublists. If you spot a duplicate listing, please remove one of them; if you aren't sure in which section a topic belongs, please initiate a discussion on the talk page.
As of July 14, 2019, this list includes 10,017 individual articles.
|List No.||Section||July 14, 2019||Target number||Difference|
|5||Philosophy and religion||436||430||6|
|7||Society and social sciences||933||925||8|
|8||Biological and health sciences||1,471||1,475||-4|
|8.1||Health, medicine and disease||275||275||0|
|9.1||Basics and measurement||81||80||1|
- Watchlist for all the sublists: Recentchangeslinked/Wikipedia:Vital_articles/Level/4.
- As with the 1,000-article list, this list has a corresponding Wikimedia project, the 10,000 articles every Wikipedia should have.
- Wikipedia:Version 1.0 Editorial Team/Core topics
- Core 1,000 articles (currently inactive)
- Category:Top-importance articles
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Vital Articles
- Readability: Leah Borovoi has analyzed the readability of 1999 Wikipedia vital articles about people in ten European languages.