|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
This is a currently incomplete list of ten thousand subjects for which Wikipedia should ultimately have high-quality articles. It expands on Wikipedia:Vital articles, which lists one thousand articles. This list is in the process of being refined and prioritized on the basis of topic-by-topic discussion and voting. Changes can be proposed on the talk page. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Because of its size, Vital Articles/Expanded has been split into eleven sublists. If you spot a duplicate listing, please remove one of them; if you aren't sure in which section a topic belongs, please initiate a discussion on the talk page.
As of October 16, 2016, this list includes 9,872 individual articles, based on the manually entered totals for each of the sublists:
|List No.||Section||October 16, 2016||Target number|
|5||Philosophy and religion||413||425|
|7||Society and social sciences||905||900|
|8||Biology and health sciences||1,452||1,480|
|8.1||Health, medicine and disease||246||250|
|9.1||Basics and measurement||82||85|
- Watchlist for all the sublists: Recentchangeslinked/Wikipedia:Vital_articles/Expanded.
- As with the 1,000-article list, this list has a corresponding Wikimedia project, the 10,000 articles every Wikipedia should have.
- Wikipedia:Version 1.0 Editorial Team/Core topics
- Core 1,000 articles (currently inactive)
- Category:Top-importance articles